1936 Buick Series 40 - $11500 -Albany, NY - Not Mine

I bet it's just weathered single stage.  It fades bad and might have never been buffed out when it was first done. 

I think this has been for sale for quite some time.  Probably because it's a so so car,  in a so so body style in so so condition at what a much nicer car can be bought for.

I thought it was a jersey car, seems like a fun ride for $10, 11k.  That said, I saw a 39 Chevy two door today, on fb market, $9,600.  As a comp you get a 6 vs 8 cyl but car has a very nice original interior, and no body wood, my point being $10k seems to get a decent mid to late 30s sedan in a non Classic, not much more gets a v8 Ford.  So competition for is probably a factor for this Buick. It is an attractive sedan though, always liked shape of GM models of this era.

• Like 1

I see something in the first picture. Also something going on over the driver's door in both the first two shots. Looking closer I think it is a chip in the paint with some peeling. 

I actually really like the car, despite the obvious flaws. (I'm ok with imperfect as long as not hacked up). If this came up in 2 or 3 years I might have given that number a call. 

• Like 1

I think it's a crappy quality job.  Anybody who thinks crappy paint work is a benefit to an old car is actually devaluing the car.  The Buick, just looking at the pictures , I can see flaws everywhere and if a new owner wants to get it decent quality paint job it will cost a fortune. The price is not reasonable and agree it should be down at 7 or 8k; not 11,500!!!