1936 Hupmobile 618G sedan - $9600 - Des Moines, IA - Not Mine

1936 Hupmobile 618G sedan - $9600 - Des Moines, IA

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/pleasant-hill-1936-hupmobile-618g-sedan/7159291346.html

Larry Fleck & Son Trucking, LLC is selling this vehicle in a no-reserve online auction on July 22.
34859 miles on odometer. Engine: Cylinders: 6, Fuel type: Gas, Transmission: Manual, Speed: 3, Tires: Size: 6.00-16, Iowa title.  Title distribution may be delayed up to 30 days from verification of funds. 6423
It's located in Des Moines and we're selling it to the best offer received by July 22. For current price, complete details, many more pictures and inspection information, view the listing page by copying this link into your browser
http://purplewave.co/GX9106c
or visit www.purplewave.com to see all our listings.

Copy and paste in your email: d100274e6c1d3e86b5cfc68732e80f92@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1936 Hupmobile 618G sedan.

'36 Hupmobile 618G sedan IA a.jpg

'36 Hupmobile 618G sedan IA b.jpg

'36 Hupmobile 618G sedan IA c.jpg

'36 Hupmobile 618G sedan IA d.jpg

• Like 2

Here's a pet peeve.

Posting your auction on C/L.

Around here there the Lemay Family's Lucky car auction stinks up C/L for e few months a year, a bunch of cool stuff that you cant buy but have to go to the auction if interested.

And they NEVER reply, and there is no buy it now.

I don't mean one or two cars, but hundreds, whole pages of stuff getting in the way of my searches.

I send them a bitch every year asking at least delete ads after their auction is over, but to no avail.

I hope someone in the family reads this !!!

Because it  does  not  have  a bustle back tells me  its  a 1936 model which  there  were only 53  produced in 3  body styles. A  4dr.  sedan and  a 2 dr.  sedan and  a coupe. The  company was in  bad  financial condition  and  production  was  very  low.  The  grill is made of  pot  metal and is  broken.  I  have  the  big  brother  of this  car,  a 1936  model  N 8  cyl which  i  have  driven 23,000 miles on  1  engine  rebuild. With  the  OD. its  a great  road  car.

Edited by Hupp36 (see edit history)

"compare to (1937) Packard 115 Club Sedan"

interesting point.  I'm a big Packard fan, and a major attraction at the time was its resemblance to the conservative larger Packards.  That said, very few 1936 cars are as streamlined as this Hupp - great look.

Raymond Loewy designed Hupps in  1932 called the  cycle fender  models. Then in 1934  began the aerodynamic  series he  also  designed.The  G  model, this  car has  a 118 in.  wheel  base  6  cyl . engine.

42 minutes ago, bryankazmer said:

"compare to (1937) Packard 115 Club Sedan"

interesting point.  I'm a big Packard fan, and a major attraction at the time was its resemblance to the conservative larger Packards.  That said, very few 1936 cars are as streamlined as this Hupp - great look.

Me too Bryan.  This little Hupp has nice lines, I actually like them both as well, and got to see a couple up close around a year or so back with a multi car donation to the Klingberg school here in  CT.  It looks like it would be a relatively agile car for the year, and I am surprised its not a bit pricier and trying to understand why. 

Hupps strike me as independents but not so unusual parts to keep them running is a challenge.  Really just a sense, I am sure others know better, but if I am right it would seem to bode well for values.

19 hours ago, Hupp36 said:

Because it  does  not  have  a bustle back tells me  its  a 1936 model which  there  were only 53  produced in 3  body styles. A  4dr.  sedan and  a 2 dr.  sedan and  a coupe. The  company was in  bad  financial condition  and  production  was  very  low.  The  grill is made of  pot  metal and is  broken.  I  have  the  big  brother  of this  car,  a 1936  model  N 8  cyl which  i  have  driven 23,000 miles on  1  engine  rebuild. With  the  OD. its  a great  road  car.

If the Depression wasn't enough of a challenge for the smaller independent automakers, Hupmobile had one crooked, crazy one on its board: Archie Andrews!

This  is  a pic of  my  1936 Model  N  8 cyl. it  looks  pretty  centered. I  can  not  take  a pic of  my  1936 G because  its  to  cluttered. If  they  removed  the  rear  springs  they  may  have  put  them on  backwards. or  not  have  them  centered  properly.

DSC04134.JPG

Jack- In your CL search you should try a "minus" in your search; ie "blah blah -pleasant" (that's a dash/minus before "pleasant" and leave spaces so that it isn't a continual stream of characters. Using the "minus will prevent any searches with "pleasant" from showing in your search.  If you don't like Fords, enter "-ford" and you won't be bothered with them.