1939 BUICK Specialty Repair Tool. Pulls Back Rear End for Easy Tranny & Clutch Work.

Jolly_John

One neat old specialty repair tool is never enough....right? So, I have two for you to choose from. They are both designed for the same purpose.

These tools were created to save the mechanic's time, when needing to do transmission and clutch work on the 1939 BUICK.  These specialty service tools eliminate the need to disassemble the torque tube, or remove the rear differential. The '39 rear end is mounted on coil springs. One end of these jacks mounts on the front of the differential housing, while the other anchors on the frame crossmember just behind the transmission. Operating the ratchet jack puts pressure on the rear end, and pivots it  slightly backward, as the coil springs arch to the rear of the car. This slight rearward movement of the rear end and torque tube enables the front of the torque tube to be disconnected by the torque ball, and creates space for the tranny and clutch components to be removed. This tool is a great time saver.

I heard about this '39 BUICK specialty service tool many years ago. But, never saw one, until I had the chance to buy both of these about ten years ago. Now, it's time to get one or both of these out into circulation.

Take your choice of either of these tools. While each has slightly different design features, both perform the identical function. The one with the sideways crank by the rear end must be designed to keep the rear end and coil springs straight, as you exert the rearward force. At least that's my take on that one. Again, either one should do the work intended. Please PM me, if you have questions.

The price for either is just $95, plus the FedEx Ground shipping. Pick-up in central Wisconsin is also possible. Thanks for looking. John

078 (800x502).jpg

077 (800x523).jpg

088 (800x631).jpg

085 (800x442).jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

John,

I received my rear end axle jack today. WOW is all I can say, This is what I looked for to aid in transmission removal with a torque tube. Did you sell the other one?

Thanks

Bob

Thanks for posting, Bob. I'm glad that you're happy with your purchase. Nothing like those Kent-Moore BUICK factory tools, is there?

In response to your question....the second rear end jack is STILL AVAILABLE.

It was a pleasure doing business with you, Bob. John

I cleaned and painted my newly acquired rear end axle jack. It measures 26" when screwed all the way in, extends to 49" and weighs 25 lbs, and  is ratcheting in the center where it is labeled Simplex, it is a Kent-Moore # J6741 KMO numbers/letters both on the base where it attaches to rear end.

IMG_3420.JPG

IMG_3421.JPG

IMG_3425.JPG

Edited by NailheadBob
added photo (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update: The second rear end jack is STILL AVAILABLE. Makes transmission removal or clutch work much quicker, easier and safer on torque tube driveshaft Buicks and other cars.

Jack #2 is a quality, factory-made tool.....NOT something put together by a d0-it-yourselfer. Just $95, plus the shipping. Thanks for looking again. John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, David. I believe this jack would work on most any BUICK that has torque tube drive AND rear coil springs. However, this second jack was purchased a few days ago. I've been involved in a residential move for several weeks, and have been slow to post updates on the items I have for sale. Sorry about that. John

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)