1950 Dodge Wayfarer 3 passenger coupe - $5,500 - Not mine

1950 Dodge Wayfarer - $5500

https://missoula.craigslist.org/cto/d/frenchtown-1950-dodge-wayfarer/7129181151.html

We're selling Grandma's car!
This 1950 Dodge Wayfarer was restored in the 80's but could use a little TLC. Starts and runs fine. Has been in the family for over 60 years and has under 44,000 original miles. Flathead 6 cylinder.
Serious inquiries by email or text 4zero62zero70072.

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1950 Dodge Wayfarer three passenger coupe.

'50 Dodge Wayfarer 3-w coupe CL MT a.jpg

'50 Dodge Wayfarer 3-w coupe CL MT b.jpg

'50 Dodge Wayfarer 3-w coupe CL MT c.jpg

'50 Dodge Wayfarer 3-w coupe CL MT d.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, neil morse said:

but I fear that the price is so good that it's going to end up as a hot rod or "restomod."

That would make me sick. Why can't people understand that they aren't going to make anymore of these? 😝

Darn, too bad he covered that license plate. If only I could see it, I'm pretty sure I could steal this car from 4 states away. 

45 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Is the purpose of that practice to prevent theft?  Never quite understood logic there.  Rag or cardboard beats the thumb though.

They covered the license plate hoping Grandma won't recognize her '50 Dodge coupe they're trying to sell...

1 hour ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Is the purpose of that practice to prevent theft?  Never quite understood logic there.  Rag or cardboard beats the thumb though.

The only thing that I could understand was that they figured it was some sort of 'identity theft' thing. IF you knew the license then you could . . . ? I donno somehow make a title? 

And most likely this is from those folks who refuse to buy an old car that is missing a title??  

You Dont see it as much here, but on eBay on rare cars that need a serial number for authentication, they commonly hide the last digits of the VIN.  Again, why????

In California anything newer than 1975 must have a successful smog check on sale/transfer. California has a website where you can check the smog history using either the license or VIN. If its a late model with a covered plate I just keep going figuring that they dont want you to know that it has failed the smog test several times already before you buy it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Single tone burgundy or dark blue, could be nice for next to no money..

Or even just paint the rear fenders the same burgundy as the lower body.  Anybody know if the current color scheme is authentic?

23 minutes ago, CHuDWah said:

Or even just paint the rear fenders the same burgundy as the lower body.  Anybody know if the current color scheme is authentic?

Sadly,  that paint job is probably hiding the very presentable original paint which was probably something much less flashy.

3 hours ago, m-mman said:

The only thing that I could understand was that they figured it was some sort of 'identity theft' thing. IF you knew the license then you could . . . ? I donno somehow make a title? 

And most likely this is from those folks who refuse to buy an old car that is missing a title??  

You Dont see it as much here, but on eBay on rare cars that need a serial number for authentication, they commonly hide the last digits of the VIN.  Again, why????

In California anything newer than 1975 must have a successful smog check on sale/transfer. California has a website where you can check the smog history using either the license or VIN. If its a late model with a covered plate I just keep going figuring that they dont want you to know that it has failed the smog test several times already before you buy it. 

The plates are in full view of the world when you are driving down the road.

I think it is something somebody did years ago and it caught on.   You see other guys covering the plate and figure there must be a good reason.

34 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Sadly,  that paint job is probably hiding the very presentable original paint which was probably something much less flashy.

Those colors look kinda like Cadet Red and Nassau Beige, which are 1950 Dodge colors.  I know Dodge had some two-tones in 1950 but I don't know which colors were on which models/body styles and what the pattern was on turret, fenders, etc.