1922 Model A Duesenberg Fleetwood "Doctor's Coupe"

Nice car....I like it! I first saw this car at Hershey back in the 80's. One of the best looking Duesenberg A's ever built.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Robert G. Smits said:

A 26 Model A Opera Coupe sold on BAT May 20th for $211K plus 5% auction fee.  I don't know how it compares to this car but I would take either one.

Dr. Bob, as your respectful forum friend, I recommend you do so. I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.   -   Carl 

P.S.  Appropriate, it is, indeed, a "DOCTOR'S Coupe".  😎,   -   CC 

Edited by C Carl
Add P.S. (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, morepower said:

Correct. That was a 70s restoration with bulky coachwork. Ours is much prettier, in my view, and is a one off custom design by Fleetwood. 

After reading the full text in your offering, I infer that this car has had significant recent mechanical attention and upgrades/improvements. I would think this is a superior "A", and a better deal than the recent BAT auction. As I said,  "I would if I could ..................................."     -    Carl 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I like understatement.

You can tell your friends you just bought a Model A,

then drive to the next event in a 1922 Duesenberg.

I have for many years had a dream of owning a Model A Duesenberg... and taking it to a MARC national meet.... and acting completely oblivious to it not fitting in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1922 Duesenberg Model A Custom Fleetwood "Doctor's Coupe." ACD Certified, restored, over $60K recently spent full engine rebuild. Show winner. $249,900.

I would say price is less than restoration costs and the real plus is that this was probably the finest surviving and lowest mileage Model A in existence prior to restoration - and while it probably should never have been restored, it has been and you will end up with a more fine product long term. 

10 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

1922 Duesenberg Model A Custom Fleetwood "Doctor's Coupe." ACD Certified, restored, over $60K recently spent full engine rebuild. Show winner. $249,900.

I would say price is less than restoration costs and the real plus is that this was probably the finest surviving and lowest mileage Model A in existence prior to restoration - and while it probably should never have been restored, it has been and you will end up with a more fine product long term. 

Is this the one Shawn had?