Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

4 hours ago, Casper Friederich said:

-Posted accidentaly twice

I too had an issues this past week of some of my posts duplicating or double posting. Be aware you can delete them.

Here's how to delete them.

Step 1.) Simply hover over the 3 dots in the upper right of the post you want to delete then click on it.

image.png.38b7e70893263b256b7acc11669cef6f.png

After you click on the 3 dots in the upper right of the post you want to delete this drop down menu will appear. Select delete

image.png.2addbaa64b46d8c9a0f4716fe19acc44.png

Hi all,

I may have posted this already (not sure). I see something new everytime I look at it. 

1931-32 Dodge Brothers trucks had oval radiator caps, I don't recall ever seeing another oval radiator cap on a truck until this photo of the Republic truck factory.

Was it more common than I presumed? IF so, what were some of the other manufacturers who had them?

Thanks

Dave

view

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

I too had an issues this past week of some of my posts duplicating or double posting. Be aware you can delete them.

Here's how to delete them.

Step 1.) Simply hover over the 3 dots in the upper right of the post you want to delete then click on it.

image.png.38b7e70893263b256b7acc11669cef6f.png

After you click on the 3 dots in the upper right of the post you want to delete this drop down menu will appear. Select delete

image.png.2addbaa64b46d8c9a0f4716fe19acc44.png

It will double post if you are not on the last page of the thread. So you’ll push the submit button, and it will look like nothing happened. Because the post is on the page you can’t see.

• Thanks 1

• Steve Moskowitz changed the title to Period images to relieve some of the strhttps://forums.aaca.org/topic/341211-period-images-to-relieve-some-of-the-stress/?do=getNewCommentess

Taxi's were designed to be noticed, especially in large cities like NY, Philadelphia, Boston in the East.  If you got noticed most likely you would signal/hail that one because you could recognize it better. This included all the lamps /lights that were part of the facade - I have in my collection a taxi light from the mid to late 1930's for a NY City cab that I restored some years ago mounted to a board so I can plug it in to look at it I think it is really cool, and am amazed it survived at all. Who or why it was saved or salvaged from the remains of ?

Yes, I have a lot of odd stuff.

I will post a photo of the taxi light I have in the 'memorabilia a guide' section ( no it isn't for sale) .

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, alsancle said:

Rare 33 Royale with the raked radiator shell.

3 9 7.jpg

Looks like Wallace Simpson

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, George K said:

442C4918-2A87-42B9-8145-F1208F3C48F8.jpeg.e991f724d6e0dbd282d9755fba9e085a.jpeg

Finnish participants in the 1932 Swedish Gran Prix at lake Rämen. Karl A. Ebb's blown Mercedes-Benz, the car still exist in a collection in Sweden. BTW in the post-war period he lived in the next block to where I now live here in Helsinki.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Ebb

http://www.bertillindbladsstiftelse.se/mercedesbenzen.htm

Behind it baron John Ramsay's modified six-cylinder Chrysler Imperial. 

Edited by Casper Friederich
New information (see edit history)
  • Thanks 3