Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured ...

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured with their new Rolls Royce at the Pinner, Middlesex Donkey Derby, held in aid of local charities

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured with their new Rolls Royce at the Pinner, Middlesex Donkey Derby, held in aid of local charities (Photo by Popperfoto via Getty Images/Getty Images)

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1

FRANCE-AUTO-CITROEN-2CV

Picture dated 07 October 1948 of the first exhibition of a 2CV Citroën during the Paris Car Show in the Grand Palais. The Citroen 2CV was produced by the French automaker Citroën from 1948 to 1990. Photo datée du 07 octobre 1948 de la 2CV, présentée pour la première fois au public dans le cadre du Salon de l'automobile au Grand-Palais à Paris. (Photo by - / AFP) (Photo by -/AFP via Getty Images)

FRANCE-AUTO-CITROEN-2CV : News Photo

26 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Salon de l'automobile

Salon de l'automobile à la Porte de Versailles à Paris, France en 1931. (Photo by Keystone-France\Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images)

Salon de l'automobile à la Porte de Versailles à Paris, France en ...

A 31 Mercedes 370 six cylinder.  I never understood why Mercedes did that with the side window and wrecked an otherwise very attractive car.

27 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Salon de l'automobile

Salon de l'automobile à la Porte de Versailles à Paris, France en 1931. (Photo by Keystone-France\Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images)

Salon de l'automobile : News Photo

Now that is cool!   When was the last time anyone saw one of those?  Never?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured ...

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured with their new Rolls Royce at the Pinner, Middlesex Donkey Derby, held in aid of local charities

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured with their new Rolls Royce at the Pinner, Middlesex Donkey Derby, held in aid of local charities (Photo by Popperfoto via Getty Images/Getty Images)

That is Malcolm Campbell. Donald's father. Donald was only 10 in 1931.

2 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Salon de l'automobile

Des ouvriers sortant une voiture du Grand Palais à la fin du Salon de l'automobile à Paris, France en octobre 1930. (Photo by Keystone-France\Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images)

Salon de l'automobile : News Photo

The truck is a De Dion-Bouton - not sure of the year though but maybe WW1 era. This one is a bus.

0813.jpg

• Like 1

1937 Vienna Auto show, Tatras are now assembled in Austria. I doubt though that's the case with the Type 77, they were probably imported. The smaller front-engined Type 57A was also made in Germany as Röhr Junior and a little bit later as Stoewer Greif Junior

1937 (2).png

Edited by Casper Friederich (see edit history)

15 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

0dcdfbb301299025eb0688695aef9aa5.jpg

A lot different now. All the vehicles this side of the intersection are in now, what is known as, Pitt Street Mall. Only service vehicles allowed with skyscrapers lining the streets. No trams or tram tracks.

Thursday 12th of January 1928 the first Ford Model A shipment arrived  from New York to Helsinki. Five passenger cars and a truck were exhibited at the still existing restaurant Kaivohuone soon thereafter. About 34.000 people saw the new Ford there.

Model A debut i Finland (2).jpg

Model A debut i Finland (3).jpg

Edited by Casper Friederich (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 7/12/2020 at 11:47 AM, Dave Henderson said:

And rare it is.  Assuming it is a '33 President,  the Production Figure Book For U.S. Cars by Jerry Heasley shows only 635 "92 President 8's"  and 1,194 "82 President 8's being produced.   Convertible production is usually a small fraction of total production so I would venture a guess that there weren't more than maybe a hundred or so of them.  I have been an astute car watcher since the '30's and have never seen one.

Mom and dad put about 50 miles on it yesterday, finally had a day where it wasn't 100 degrees out.

14th of 17 Canadian Built 1933 Studebakers

Thanks Ed for posting those pics.

33 at Dales.JPG

Edited by coachJC (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2020 at 10:17 PM, edinmass said:

More.......

DBE369FA-C2F8-4582-A86E-642FBEF39E77.png

2AD5FD7A-5E24-448E-8BF9-7EE9F52BC418.png

These 2 pics are across the road from my dads shop of our 33 Studebaker and Bernie Fritshaws 1931 Studebaker President Roadster in the mid  60s

That would be my mom sitting on the fender and  Bernie's wife Gale in the background.

This year(2020) would of been Dad and Bernie; 60th consecutive year at Hershey together had it not been cancelled.

Jeff

Edited by coachJC (see edit history)
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Dansk Karosseri-Fabrik created an attractive convertible cabriolet with what appears to be a lengthened over-the-cowl hood on the Willys-Knight 66B chassis.

Willys-Knight 66B  & 32SG Rolls Royce 1931 dansk.jpg

I hate to say it, though I did not initially catch that this was a Willy's Knight - I was more looking at the Art Deco belt molding on the RR.

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

I wanted to say "Thank You" to John M for posting a few pictures of the (yodeling) "Singing Brakeman" Jimmie Rodgers. I have eclectic tastes in music. Although I enjoy a fair amount of '50s/'60s Rock and Roll as well as some of the ballads of the era, I more often listen to the great composers' classics, and quite a bit of opera (a great fan of Wagner, Puccini, and Verdi). But what have I probably listened to more than anything else over the past 40 years? Jimmie Rodgers, I never get tired of him. (Of course I never tire of the great classics and opera either!)

I also wanted to thank both John M and alsancle for the pictures of the "Round Door Rolls". I cannot remember where, but about 40 years ago, I saw several photographs of that car languishing in a wrecking yard (one of them posted here). An odd car to be sure. But nice to see it when it was looking good.

Edited by wayne sheldon
I hate leaving typos! (see edit history)
  • Like 1