Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

On 6/12/2020 at 3:33 PM, Matt Harwood said:

Pan_American_Airways_Seaplane_Terminal_Miami.thumb.jpg.aaa029361974add2489024cd6f8d232f.jpg

This is an AMAZING photo! Any ideas where or when or who or what?

cityhallpic.jpg.f7337d51ccc055e1955e56cb00f3e845.jpg

This is the Pan American Airlines Terminal Building on Dinner Key – the building is around today – served as Miami City Hall… for more, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_City_Hall

(Used another version of the original photo - here, "Pan American" on the front of the building could be seen... later replaced by "Miami City Hall")

Edited by 2caaca
Missing first picture (see edit history)
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

82605861_10158845124652189_4099016434182291532_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=HiG8qDZeQloAX8g8JDv&_nc_ht=scontent.fluk1-1.fna&oh=be9877f53a66d6cfd3a9e7d10d5dee25&oe=5F206B27

Wonder what this would look like colorized ?

I'm guessing he bought the car because the trim color matched the lighter shade in his socks.

My wife's grandfather (who was a very wealthy business man) once bought a yellow Corvette to match his hat. So the story goes...

The technical side of the FWD Tracta was mentioned early on this thread, but what about the coachworks? I felt free to post as I didn't find anything here on that subject. 

Apparently they were exported to Austria, Armburster built at least two coachworks on the French pioneering front-Wheel drive chassis. The first one is dated 1930, the second 1932.

untitled (2).png

tracta (3).png

Edited by Casper Friederich
Spelling (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Casper Friederich said:

Renaults in Berlin. Czech born Emmy Destinn, star of the opera in the German Capital, in her Automobile 1911. In the second Picture a smart Kühlstein coachwork on a smaller Billancourt chassis

A better look at these two Renaults:

Renault touring - Emmy Destinn.png

Renault Khlstein 1912.png

On 7/1/2020 at 4:44 PM, 58L-Y8 said:

A better look at these two Renaults:

Thanks!

Many well-to-do Berliner prefeered foreign automobiles at least a bit latter on, in the late 20s. The newspaper clipping was publized in a Paper here in Finland in July 1929, deals with registration statistics in the German Capital at the end of year 1928-beginning of 1929. First comes the foreign cars, "Ulkomaalaisia henkilöautoja", then the Germans.  I am a bit concerned that Austrian Steyr, Austro-Daimler and Gräf & Stift are here in the latter category.

Aamulehti (2).jpg

Edited by Casper Friederich
Spelling (see edit history)

46 minutes ago, Casper Friederich said:

The technical side of the FWD Tracta was mentioned early on this thread, but what about the coachworks? I felt free to post as I didn't find anything here on that subject. 

Apparently they were exoported to Austria, were Armburster built at least two coachworks on the French pioneering front-Wheel drive chassis. The first one is dated 1930, the second 1932.

untitled (2).png

tracta (3).png

Cool Car !!!

Front and side view  of the 1926 Tatra 17, backbone chassis and swing axles. Contrary to the smaller twins and fours this six-cylinder was water-cooled as were the Tatra 27 series of trucks that saw some action also here in Finland during WWII when we were brother in arms with the Nazi-Germans

Tatra Six (2).png

Tatra Six (3).png

Edited by Casper Friederich (see edit history)