Road & Track magazines mid 66 thru early 90s

Mike Dube

For sale: 

Collection of Road & Track magazines mid 1966 thru early 90s.   Complete for many years beginning in 1967.  Coverage of Grands Prix, road tests of mostly sports & imports, lots of technical articles.

***Not sure where to list this:   Editor, please let me know if this is not appropriate here.......cars & or car parts seemed a stretch.

Most are in very good condition, make offer.  Located in NE Ohio, prefer local pickup only, but open to suggestions.

Road & Track 1.jpg

Road and Track 2.jpg

Unless you have one that is incredibly rare, you probably won't have many takers. I tried to sell boxes and boxes of early Hot Rod, Rod & Custom etc. I couldn't even donate to my local schools, nursing homes and hospitals. Believe it or not I was told that they were a "liability Issue". I asked one lady if she was afraid of getting sued by someone getting a paper cut?

Mike Dube, you might check these out, the 60s ones should bring a few bucks each, but the search for folks that want them is kinda' tough. I sold 10s of thousands of all kinds of automotive and cycle magazines along with the old style store racks and other shelves to a flooded out book store in Nashville, TN back in 09 or early 2010 and it filled up a large "Box" truck.  Seems like they gave me 500 bucks, but they had to go and I had not sold more than a few dozen after months of trying. Good luck sir, but see prices here:  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1966+road+and+track&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=road+and+track

8 hours ago, mike6024 said:

They are offered individually for about $10 plus $6 shipping and VERY FEW actually sell. 

I bought some Motor Trend magazines from a friend

for 50 cents each.  They were from the mid-1960's into

the early 1970's, and even at that price, I was very

selective.  No one should even consider paying $10 each

and $6 shipping!

Just as cars from the 1980's are not usually considered

collectible, car magazines from the 1980's will not have

many takers.

Magazines might be interesting, but there is little demand.

Even magazines from the 1800's, on various topics, may

RETAIL for only $2 or $3 each.

I subscribed to Road & Track  for a while. There used to be a photo joke on one of the last pages. A memorable one that I would like to find or just a scan shows a large burned farmhouse with a 1962 or 3ish very beat up Buick in the foreground. The caption reads " Mr. X saved enough money rewiring his house to buy a Buick". If anyone has that page ot can scan it I would really appreciate a copy. As I remember it was right inside the back cover.

I would pay ten bucks for that one page.

Bernie

On 2/28/2020 at 2:07 PM, TerryB said:

Are you selling by the piece, by a full year or the entire lot?

Hi Terry.

Am looking to get rid of the entire lot, I would be quite happy to get them into the hands of someone who wants them.

Thanks to all who responded.  To be honest,  I never planned to sell them individually, as others stated, it is way too much time & effort for limited return.   Was hoping someone in a position to market them might go a buck or 50 cents a piece.  Come and get them, and they are yours for free.  They comprise three boxes approx. the size of a case of copier paper reams.  We are trying to get the hose cleaned out for sale, so if no interest, they will go to recycling next week.

If I were in your shoes I'd just take them to your local recycling place and be done with it. I would like to see someone take yours away and read them but it just doesn't happen. I've helped with estate clean-outs and attended old car parts auctions where garage bays full of old car mags like yours were offered for sale (Clean, well-organized, and nicely boxed up) and nobody wanted them. To me they're storage space eaters with heavy lifting involved. Just my 2 cents worth. 

• Like 1