No Confirmation Cards This Year

oldford

While completing the pre-registration card for the October meet, I read that confirmation cards will not be mailed this year. Any reason?? With possible mail problems are all too frequent, and the fact that this meet is possibly the biggest for me all year, it seems that a simple confirmation of some sort is warranted. Since Hershey Region has the emails from vendors, can't confirmation be returned via email?  When I re-upped my membership at the Hershey meet, I expected to get my membership card in the mail before December. This year, no card. I called when I got the registration package and they emailed me a copy.... simple...

My point is that mistakes or oversights happen every day and a simple confirmation might be required.

Frank

4 hours ago, oldford said:

For me, vending spaces, but the blurb in the pre-registration package doesn't specify. My guess is that if the don't acknowledge for one, they won't for any...

Frank

Frank...if you want a quick answer just phone AACA HQ (717/534-1910)

• 5 months later...
On 1/9/2020 at 9:59 AM, John_S_in_Penna said:

Do you mean confirmations for vending spaces,

car-corral spaces, or show-car registrations?

I agree that confirmations can be very useful.

Absolutely useful.

A few years ago the registration paperwork for a National was never received by the region I sent it to.  Talk about a BIG pain in the rear end.

Ever since then I have ALWAYS enclosed a S.A.S.E. for a confirmation. with my registration paperwork for a National. CHEAP price to pay for piece of mind.

This is also the reason why I do not wait until the last minute to register for a National.

If Hershey Region decides to not send out confirmations this year It would be good to know so that people do not waste postage stamps and envelopes requesting confirmations that will not be sent.

• Like 1

The team of AACA National staff and Hershey Region will absolutely send out a confirmation if we receive an SASE.  Happy to do it....  We are still putting things in place and just a few hours ago received permission for car trailers to stay in place all the way to 11 PM Saturday night versus the normal 5 PM.  None of what we are doing is business as usual.  Over the next few weeks we hope to have a lot more to say.  

• Like 6

On 7/8/2020 at 4:23 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

None of what we are doing is business as usual.  Over the next few weeks we hope to have a lot more to say.  

I don't know how you guys are doing it.  Every time you guys turn around someone is throwing a wrench in the gears and you guys have to jump through hoops.

Add that on top of trying to get the new building done, and exit the old building, while also dealing with this COVID crap, and I honestly don't know how you're doing it.

The last I knew by the end of next week you may or may not have a firm answer on the AGNM.  Until then I'm not even going to ask because I know it's subject to change.  I figure two weeks from today it'll either be on, or it'll be off.

Currently New York hasn't placed Pennsylvania on the restricted list like they have Florida, North & South Carolina and a few others.  If Pennsylvania gets added, I'll have to back out.

One of my coworkers was in Myrtle Beach on vacation.  When Governor Cuomo put South Carolina on the restricted list, he came home and was quarantined and could not work for two weeks after he got home.  

Should the same scenario play out for me, it won't be worth going to either Hershey or the AGNM for a one day show and then get quarantined at home for two weeks unpaid.  Right now it isn't an issue, but it could change the day of the meet and I'd still be up the river.

Or course with several of the National Directors and judges living in North Carolina, I wonder how that's going to play out as well.  Should Pennsylvania enact the same restrictions as New York and New Jersey has already done, we're sunk.  If New York adds Pennsylvania to the list, I'm sunk either way.

In the meantime, I can see judges breakfast, setting up the judging teams, and running judge's admin becoming a logistical nightmare.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Everything is fine.  We are in full go mode and we have all the logistics pretty much worked out.  Anything can change but right now we have made final plans to have both Allentown and Hershey.

At this point if the shows take place, fine, if not, it is what it's going to be.  It's better to park the cars for a year than to put the membership at risk.  Even if the shows do take place, if you can't get enough judges to commit, it'll still be pretty tough to have a show.

Who would've ever guessed that all of this would happen when we walked out the door in Philly back in February??

A week after leaving Philly I buried my father in-law, my own father is failing, there's no shows and everything is falling apart......

Edited by ex98thdrill (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mark McAlpine
On 7/14/2020 at 5:33 PM, ex98thdrill said:

At this point if the shows take place, fine, if not, it is what it's going to be.  It's better to park the cars for a year than to put the membership at risk.  Even if the shows do take place, if you can't get enough judges to commit, it'll still be pretty tough to have a show.

Who would've ever guessed that all of this would happen when we walked out the door in Philly back in February??

A week after leaving Philly I buried my father in-law, my own father is failing, there's no shows and everything is falling apart......

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law and father.  Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.