Amazon will donate to the Buick Hertiage Alliance

38Buick 80C

So today I read my AACA Speedster and it noted that a portion of your purchases can be donated to the AACA. Of course that made me think why isn't the Buick Club doing this as well. Answer: you must be a 501(c)3 charity and the BCA is a 501(c)7 social organization, HOWEVER the Buick Heritage Alliance IS a 501(c)3 and is part of the Amazon Smile program.  I set them as my charity of choice so a portion of my purchases go to them. Here is how you can too (and yes I copied this verbatim from the AACA Speedster):

Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the Antique Automobile Club of America whenever you shop on AmazonSmile. 

What is AmazonSmile?

AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you'll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization.

How do I shop at AmazonSmile?

To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. Once you are signed into your account, search for Antique Automobile Club of America (or the Buick Heritage Alliance) and choose it as your charity. Now, you are ready to shop & support AACA at the same time

How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?

The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges

Click here to learn more about AmazonSmile.

Also if for some reason you don't like the BHA (which I do suggest you reconsidered and do more research as this is a great organization preserving Buick history... www.buickheritagealliance.org) you can also have funds donate to "Friend of Alfred P, Sloan Museum", or the AACA, of course, or the AACA Museum.

Finally it would be nice if a moderator could sticky this for a few months. Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ed,

Barbara and I thank you so very much for your efforts toward St. Jude.  We have been giving money to them for years and we have the satisfaction of knowing that it is going for a wonderful cause (helping children) and not lining someone's pocket.

Terry and Barbara Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Terry Wiegand said:

Ed,

Barbara and I thank you so very much for your efforts toward St. Jude.  We have been giving money to them for years and we have the satisfaction of knowing that it is going for a wonderful cause (helping children) and not lining someone's pocket.

Terry and Barbara Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Thanks,Terry

Could not have stated it better.

Ed

• 4 months later...
  • MrEarl unpinned this topic