FREE Craftsman Log

B Jake Moran

I have a fully signed Craftsman log/owners manual, etc for FREE if you or anyone needs it.  I found a good looking switch for lights, I believe it's 1990.

Remember those NOS perfect center caps someone offered a few months back?  I have a set of four of those.  FREE or donation.

See light switch  FREE or donation.  

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

The headlight switch is correct for a 1991......they had the twilight sentinel (also fits Riviera thru 1993)

The correct switch for a 1990 is a one year only because it has the fog light switch at the bottom instead of the twilight sentinel.

Those "R" hub cap emblems look like some I sold........that is the way I packaged them.

4 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

The headlight switch is correct for a 1991......they had the twilight sentinel (also fits Riviera thru 1993)

The correct switch for a 1990 is a one year only because it has the fog light switch at the bottom instead of the twilight sentinel.

Those "R" hub cap emblems look like some I sold........that is the way I packaged them.

I hate to toss them, or give them to the buyer of the cars.  But if no one wants them.  I know they are light and would fit in a small box.

Craftsman Log is spoken for.  I found 2 other light switches and the instrument "panel" for the 88 parts car. 

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

41 minutes ago, Y-JobFan said:

Out of curiosity, how did the 91's foglights get turned on?  

There is a lighted horizontal toggle switch (left for "off" right for "on" ) located in the center of the console just north of the selector shift (right in front of the shift in the "Park" position). 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I later realized I had 2 more complete Craftsman Logs with Pens etc, I just threw them out.  Threw out all service manuals, 2 1988, 1 1989, 2 1990 and a NOS 1991.  Made the trash kind of heavy.  My recycle was already full.   I still have those NOS wheel centers, threw out 6 NOS caps purchased for $250, and 2 NOS door panels in tan.    Hated to do that, OK not really, but was not willing to throw them in with the sale of the last 2 Reattas for $500. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Not much going on here.  Maybe try a new thread asking for one.  Of course eBay, maybe Bugle wanted ad.  I would think Jim would have a few since he parted out so many over the years.  I had a total of 7 Reattas over the years. 5 of them had these still with them and I got another 3 out of junkyard cars.   

The most important one was the one in Reatta #105 which had the pen and all of those original signatures.  New buyer of the earliest Reatta in existence did not want it.  I threw it away.  No one wanted it.  

They were offered for free with no takers.  Others on here offered them for sale for as much as $150, some sold some did not.  I had a lot of parts and as far as I was concerned, they were parts.  I did send some parts to Ronnie that I forgot to throw away. 

I had 7 service manuals I threw away.  I had a hand signed Reatta brochure with #105, threw it away.  Signed by a guy named Mertz or such if I remember.   #105 is / was very historical, a Red and Beechwood coupe with a few early differences.  

It was put on ebay for several weeks but garnered little interest.  I threw it on local Craigslist and got $500 for it, plus a parts car from Colorado that I had purchased to support the restoration.   

The earliest known Reatta except the prototype convertible is still local in Des Moines, Iowa / Polk County.   Languishing.  If it was an early muscle car like a 67 Camaro, Barracuda, Corvette, almost anything else - it would be snatched up at a premium.  

Therefore, the literature is worthless.  

46 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

I did send some parts to Ronnie that I forgot to throw away. 

Thank you. I appreciated that. I was off this forum for a while due to health issues. I guess I missed this thread or misread that you were offering the other parts. I would have been grateful to get them.

Just my opinion which some don’t share - but Reattas are simply great drivers that are not expensive.  That’s why I got into them.   

I recently looked into getting a C4 Corvette, the 1984-1996 cars.  You can get one for $10,000 coupe / $12,500 convertible.   Mileage 15,000 to 45,000 miles.  Bargain. But few will be truly collected.   

We have seen some low mileage Reatta convertible’s go for as much as $18,000.  But that’s a gamble.  Would it not be better to get the well sorted, well cared for 75,000 mile convertible for $8,000 or less and just enjoy the heck out of it?  

Or the $4,000 coupe with 80,000 miles.   Or less miles.  

I think that depends on how you want to use the car. Low mileage for car shows and special occasions. I wouldn't drive an expensive one a lot. Less money for one you want to daily drive or enjoy more regularly. There are some real bargains out there if you can do some work yourself. I paid $7,000 for my 1990 convertible with 65,000 miles on it a year ago. I've only put two thousand miles on it since. I've changed oil, flushed radiator, and changed transmission fluid in it. I'm about to put a new compressor on it and flush brake fluid this month. Even a show car will have things that have to be fixed due to aging parts.

Prices have gone up. This year it seems like people want a lot more money for Reattas than last year, especially the ones that aren't in pristine or good acceptable condition.