1949 Chrysler new yorker

The blue one that comes up in the link looks like it will probably end up a parts car to me.  Look what Brooklyn bear just bought for around 9G.  It would cost you more than that to plate the chrome on that car and it all needs plating.   Craigslist has lots of cars like that if you really look.  Any 50's 4 door sedan that needs everything especially in the Mopar realm of this era can usually be bought in much better shape with some looking for around 5 to 6 G.  

Sad to say,  but no sense in sugar coating it. 

• Like 2

Show the guy what 8500 just bought and offer him 4.  It might give him a dose of reality.  It is a 50's four door sedan.  OK, I found this local for 1700 and am working out some over heating issues but it runs tops with a new radiator, brakes, water pump and carb.   YES, 1700 for an original car.  Rock bruised, a bunch of dings, some bubbling of the paint over the wheel wells. Just your basic 4 door 1953 Plymouth that runs, drives and stops and which now runs fine at 170 with no thermo installed.   Will need 200 in tires and a little coolant area work to complete but ? These are out there. (Yes, I removed the J C Whitney gravel flaps)s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John S. said:

'53 Plymouths are very dependable cars. The flat head 6 will run forever. 

Why I scooped up the 6 that ran great but not cool. I think I have 3 more weeks to leave the evapo-rust in it before I have to do the coolant swap. If it didn't do the trick (It runs and drives at 160-170 without a thermo but at idle still starts to warm up) I will yank the tube distributor and see what i got. It just drives too good and tight with pull and power not to keep this old girl going and the fix is not that expensive at all. The money was already spent by someone else on the new radiator and water pump, and brakes front to back.

• Like 2