Part found at Hershey! Did you loose something you bought?

dalef62

I found a new part laying on the ground at Hershey I think on Thursday or Friday morning.  It is listed it fits a 59-60 Cadillac.  I have an idea who might have lost it but not sure.  If you lost something that matches this description, pm me and tell me what the exact part is and where you think you lost it and I will send it to you.  

Dale

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

There is an obscure Hershey tradition of leaving a part behind, typically near a trash can. It was called “dumpster diving”. On Saturday morning, dumpster divers would traverse the swap fields, back and forth, looking at whatever treasures were left behind. My youngest son thought this was quite entertaining, from the age of 8 until about 16. On one such foray, we discovered a rear windshield for a 1954 Olds Holiday Coupe. The glass went home and lived in the rafters of my shop. We advertised it on some website and forgot it was there. One day, an email from a gentleman in upstate NY jogged our memory- and we sold it to him for $100. After the sale we realized our “customer” was the owner of a company that makes most of the riding mowers you see outside your Home Depot or Lowes. He was vacationing in Italy, so he had his niece pick it up for him. It is probably not available as a new or reproduction- so maybe it’s a good thing we rescued it, as opposed to being crushed in a landfill somewhere in PA.

2 hours ago, greenie said:

There is an obscure Hershey tradition of leaving a part behind, typically near a trash can. It was called “dumpster diving”. On Saturday morning, dumpster divers would traverse the swap fields, back and forth, looking at whatever treasures were left behind. My youngest son thought this was quite entertaining, from the age of 8 until about 16. On one such foray, we discovered a rear windshield for a 1954 Olds Holiday Coupe. The glass went home and lived in the rafters of my shop. We advertised it on some website and forgot it was there. One day, an email from a gentleman in upstate NY jogged our memory- and we sold it to him for $100. After the sale we realized our “customer” was the owner of a company that makes most of the riding mowers you see outside your Home Depot or Lowes. He was vacationing in Italy, so he had his niece pick it up for him. It is probably not available as a new or reproduction- so maybe it’s a good thing we rescued it, as opposed to being crushed in a landfill somewhere in PA.

I have spaces in the Red Field North which is pretty much a ghost town on Saturday morning. When I show a car at Hershey I pick up my trailer at the hotel and then go back to the spaces to unload and load my car and leave the trailer there. When i am loading there are several scrap guys rummaging around the field, with loaded pick-up trucks around 5 pm,

Good for them!