Scooter recharge stations at Hershey

zeke01

I have a friend who needs to use an electric scooter at Hershey this year. He tried to rent one while there but no luck, they are all rented out. He is contemplating taking his own but the range on his is only five to six hours. Are there places to recharge personal units? How do others deal with this issue? Zeke

zeke01. I tried to rent one in January and was told they were all reserved.  This is the third time i have been unable to rent a scooter.  Why is is it that there are unlimited scooter rentals at Pate which also has over 8000 spaces.  Could it be that the AACA is limiting the number of scooters.  I am sure all it would take is a telephone call to find another scooter rental company.  

My friend was late to the game. He started looking on Monday (9/16). The rental peeps had one scooter left for Wednesday only. While he was in the process of renting it, someone else snagged it. I'm on the fringe of this issue. My old legs are still able to carry my fat a$$ around. Zeke

18 minutes ago, 13CADDY said:

I take mine back to the room every night & plug it in--I always take a extra pair of batteries, their not hard to change-I carry a wrench & ratchet in the tool box--good luck--Tom

Maybe that is the solution, extra batteries. Zeke

1 hour ago, Robert G. Smits said:

zeke01. I tried to rent one in January and was told they were all reserved.  This is the third time i have been unable to rent a scooter.  Why is is it that there are unlimited scooter rentals at Pate which also has over 8000 spaces.  Could it be that the AACA is limiting the number of scooters.  I am sure all it would take is a telephone call to find another scooter rental company.  

Robert, a couple of years ago I was hobbled by a broken leg and needed one.  Broke my leg in August and by the time I realized I was going to make it to Hershey all the scooters from the usual Hershey vendor were reserved. 

I let my fingers do the walking on my computer and contacted a company in Harrisburg that rents mobility scooters.  There are several of them listed on-line to choose from that will rent you a scooter for special events like this.   It turned out to be cheaper than most others, and for only a little extra, they dropped it off at my hotel.  It was there waiting for me complete with full instructions.  It was a fairly new one that easily disassembled so it could be loaded into the back of our van to take back and forth to the field.   I got it properly tagged over by the Giant Center and used it all week.  I just plugged it in every night back at the hotel to charge the battery, but there was plenty of juice to get around with.   When it was time to head for home, we just left it at the hotel and the company picked it up on Monday morning.   I believe the company I rented from was bought by another company, but if you just google "Mobility Scooter Rental" in the Harrisburg area, I'm sure you'll find something, even at this late date.  

Terry

27 minutes ago, Terry Bond said:

Robert, a couple of years ago I was hobbled by a broken leg and needed one.  Broke my leg in August and by the time I realized I was going to make it to Hershey all the scooters from the usual Hershey vendor were reserved. 

I let my fingers do the walking on my computer and contacted a company in Harrisburg that rents mobility scooters.  There are several of them listed on-line to choose from that will rent you a scooter for special events like this.   It turned out to be cheaper than most others, and for only a little extra, they dropped it off at my hotel.  It was there waiting for me complete with full instructions.  It was a fairly new one that easily disassembled so it could be loaded into the back of our van to take back and forth to the field.   I got it properly tagged over by the Giant Center and used it all week.  I just plugged it in every night back at the hotel to charge the battery, but there was plenty of juice to get around with.   When it was time to head for home, we just left it at the hotel and the company picked it up on Monday morning.   I believe the company I rented from was bought by another company, but if you just google "Mobility Scooter Rental" in the Harrisburg area, I'm sure you'll find something, even at this late date.  

Terry

Thanks Terry. I will try this route. Zeke

With the median age of the A.A.C.A. members where it is,  I'm sure the Club has taken measures to address the scooter charging situation. I remember years ago when the flea market was entirely on grass, the A.A.C.A. had John Deere tractors to pull out vehicles stuck in the mud. I can envision scooter rescue vehicles in the future.