New to forum question about door jamb switches

RivnGrn

Hello!  I’m at the very beginning of a 1965 build, and had a question regarding door jamb switches.  I’m having an issue finding a replacement switch online, that takes the three wires.  I read in a old post on here, that you can use diodes as a workaround, but am not sure what type of diode, or switch I should purchase.  Any links would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks seafoam65! One switch looks rebuildable, the other I’m not sure.  The housing is pretty crushed.  I’m new to the forum, pardon my ignorance, but is there a contact available for Gordon Wolfgang, and a rough idea of price?  Thanks again!

That Ebay seller also has a lot of other used and NOS  Riviera parts.  Right now he's running his CL ad in the Kansas City area (and I imagine a few other places as well.) I bought a couple of 65 fenders from him. Very honest and easy to deal with. He also rebuilds 65 headlight motors.  Look at the pictures in his CL ad to see many of the rare options for the first generation Rivieras.  His user name on Ebay is the same that he uses in his Riview ads.

11 hours ago, gungeey said:

There's nos on eBay right now

I believe the seller is a long time roa member...I think 95 each

The NOS ones will fail in short order just like they did when these cars were new.  Buy them and retrofit them with the beryllium copper and they will last a very long time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

The NOS ones will fail in short order just like they did when these cars were new.  Buy them and retrofit them with the beryllium copper and they will last a very long time.

I can attest to what Pat is saying. I bought NOS ones for my car as mine had the 2 terminal switches that are trash (like the ones OPGI sells). My NOS switches were malfunctioning in short order and were off to Gordon Wolfgang. No problems since.

Bill