This is a sweet Caddy

The ribs running side-to-side lead me to believe that the roof and rear side glass would be 1955-ish Chevy Nomad or Pontiac Safari

Image result for 1955 pontiac safari wagon

Losing the iconic wrap-around windshield kind of blunts the impact of the Cadillac design. I really dig wagons and I think that car is very nicely done, but if they had been able to keep the Cadillac's original windshield, then I think they would have had something truly remarkable (I guess as Ridler Award winner, it is truly remarkable anyway). The late-model windshield too obviously gives away the fact that they grafted a different roof onto a Cadillac (there's much more to that car, but that's the most obvious demerit). If you're skillful enough to build that car and the budget was as big as reported, then there's really no explanation for cutting that particular corner. The best customs leave you wondering where the factory work ends and the custom work begins.

• Like 3

The rear section of the roof is '55-'57 Nomad/Safari, the lower body Pininfarina '59 Eldorado Brougham.   While it may simply be the rare Brougham sheet metal, rather pointless to use it for a kustom when most wouldn't recognize the difference between it and the regular production '59 Cadillac components.   Years ago, I ran across two '60 Eldorado Broughams in St Catherines, Ontario, one fully restored, the other a rough, rusty parts car so a few such cars do still exist. 

1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

Losing the iconic wrap-around windshield kind of blunts the impact of the Cadillac design. I really dig wagons and I think that car is very nicely done, but if they had been able to keep the Cadillac's original windshield, then I think they would have had something truly remarkable (I guess as Ridler Award winner, it is truly remarkable anyway). The late-model windshield too obviously gives away the fact that they grafted a different roof onto a Cadillac (there's much more to that car, but that's the most obvious demerit). If you're skillful enough to build that car and the budget was as big as reported, then there's really no explanation for cutting that particular corner. The best customs leave you wondering where the factory work ends and the custom work begins.

Something looked wrong to me, but I couldn’t quite place it. You’ve nailed it Matt.

I do have to say that the guys at EVOD wheels do a hell of a job. I had a car with their wheels on it and the one-offs they create that emulate older designs are just spectacular. The engineering and machine work are really exceptional. I'll bet those wheels on that Cadillac cost $10,000 each, but they totally nail the look.

• Like 1

From a purely aesthetic point of view, I like it a lot. When cars are done really nicely - both in concept and execution - it makes you wonder if the designers at the factory ever thought of something like this.

Of course, the problem is 2 million dollars is a lot of money. Out of my price range...I rarely spend over 1 million, myself.