Saw this very original 1927 Buick sedan today....

keiser31

Was told by my wife's cousin that a guy that owns the local survey equipment shop in town has a 1927 Buick sedan for sale and I should go take a look at it. I did. This is it....he wants too much, but it supposedly runs and drives very well.

Picture 29737.jpg

Picture 29738.jpg

Picture 29739.jpg

Picture 29742.jpg

Picture 29743.jpg

Picture 29740.jpg

Picture 29748.jpg

Picture 29741.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I am intrigued  by the number of intact, unrestored, Buicks that have survived. I track unrestored pre-1930 cars on ebay, just to see if they sell and what they sell for. More than half the time the asking prices are unrealistic but when it's a real auction they always seem to find buyers though not at the prices the wishful thinkers are hoping for. A surprisingly large number are mid-20s Buicks. They must have been rugged cars, well liked by their owners.

• Like 1

I figure this car is worth maybe half of the '28 Frank Wilkie is trying to sell. And even at that, Frank's would be the better buy by far! He has been asking $18,000 for awhile now.  So that makes this worth how much?

I do really wish I could consider Frank's '28. It is beautiful! And could be parked proudly next to almost any restored '20s or early '30s car!

There was one in very similar shape for sale in Maine about 4 years ago, a friend from work asked me to look it over with him as he was more interested in later cars and thought I would have a better appreciation of the 20’s to give him advice. It was $7500.00 and he passed on it... $23k is only Double what I would think it could bring so it’s not as nutty as others.