Wanted: 1936 Dodge pickup

How close does it need to be? For what it's worth, 1941, 1946, and 1947 all look almost exactly alike. 1939 and 1940 have the headlights in closer to the center and different grilles, but still pretty close to that look.

Plymouth trucks existed back in those days too, at least for part of those years. They look pretty similar too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 37 looks good I still looking for a 36 dodge pickup I'm in Cobleskill NY I like to keep my budget at between $5-$7000 in fair to good shape. I was looking at a 36 in real nice condition for $6500 its still being advertised but I backed out because I felt it was a scam. Be careful truck posted says Michigan seller is in Portland after I told him I would send out my own person to view truck and hire my own transport co. and  to hand him a certified ck he writes back not interested already sold truck. Would not speak on phone wanted  money to a company to hold in escrow for 7 days was being shipped by Good Transport If I didn't like truck he would take it back no charge and shipping was only $509  from Oregon to NY. But anyway I will keep looking

1936 and 1937 are very close in looks.  I had a 1937 1/2 ton Dodge pickup back when they were not as desirable as they are now.  Sold mine too soon and too cheap compared to today’s market for them.  Only a die hard fans can tell the difference which is primarily the grill and wheels. If you find a decent 1937 go for it as it won’t last long if it’s priced right.  

Here is a 36.  A bit of a project, but I think it's a good value,  considering what has been done and the condition of what's there.  

I know this is above your budget, but trust me when I say extra money spent up front, is usually a very good investment. 

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/d/billerica-1936-dodge-truck-hotrod/6876447432.html

1936 dodge truck hotrod antique - $14000

This is a restoration project , that health forces sale , I’m not desperate ,but have other unfinished projects ,that some have to go I’m getting to old to finish The cab as you can see in pictures is in pristine condition ,as well as the bed , it is titled, I have most everything , I purchased it several years ago from a gentilman who bought from the original farm that bought it new , he completely done the engine and complete drivetrain , all new suspension,brakes , etc. the rear fenders are ready for paint the fronts are nice I have a few grilles to choose from , 5 original artilary rims powder coated red, the original garnish moundings. Are show chromed. And the firewall has all holes filled otherwise 100% original and stock The right front fender has the factory mount for the spare tire , I have a lot of money into this truck , and I’m taken a loss , I spent over 8k in body and paint , and it was in really nice shape when I purchased it , never mind the money spent finding new old stock parts , shipping charges etc. don’t waste your time if your not serious please. Calls only. This will be at Fitchburg airport show. 4-28-19. 978 758 2648

00909_deNVdGC01So_600x450.jpg

00g0g_g15DNC8pIbk_600x450.jpg

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi this is Dennis truck looks really nice I live in Cobleskill NY which is not to far from you I have a good friend who has a house in Lake George he goes up on the weekends if he is going up this weekend I will call you with all my info and maybe he will be able to come and look at it I trust his judgement if that is okay with you

There's a forum member near Pittsburgh, PA with a beautifully and authentically restored 1937 Dodge pickup. Licensed,titled and running. Nice truck, not cheap but nothing really nice ever is. If you are interested I'll PM you his name and number.

Yes It's one I found on Craigslist (not mine) .  I was going to pass it along a few days ago when I first saw it,  but for some reason couldn't find this thread,  then the thread popped up again,  so I went in and found to relay to here.  Good luck if you go to look at it.  Boston is still not a terrible drive from Cobleskill especially when looking for something very specific.