3 minutes ago, joe c said:

There is a guy in my town who has the same year Riv and he let me drive his car and no vibration at all... his car is all original... I mean from 65...

If you know this guy well and can sweet talk him, put his drive shaft in your car and go for a spin.

Yes that's a good point, I'll get it back to my mechanic on Saturday and try your advice. I've already been underneath while running but looking more at the driveshaft and wheels and not the other stuff involved.

there's defiantly nothing hitting...like driveshaft to frame etc...while on the hoist anyway that I can see

Thanks, Joe

Ya that might be a stretch for that one... I sort of hinted but he didn't comment back 

Honestly don't think I'm nuts, but you may want to try and work out some kind of deal with the guy that let you drive his car to borrow his complete shaft just to try it.  If the problem is still there at least you could save yourself a lot of aggravation knowing it has nothing to do with your shaft. Then you could move on to other things.  Mine being a shorter length makes it impossible for me to try someone's stock unit.  Also if he agrees take many pictures of his out of the car so you can mimic the one you own.  Also just for shits and grins check the phasing on his shaft while its out.  Speak soon on my way to work.

Joe

Dam I didn't see the other post!

definitely I would like to see how his drive shaft is phased.

one question i thought of when reading through the forums on this topic was if the driveshaft  weights should be on the same side when phasing the front and rear shafts together. I'm going to take a closer look at mine on the spline where there is supposed to be a pin? for correct phasing position. that would answer my question.

Joe

Well...finally an update, I just received a call from the drive line shop turns out the rear CV ball and socket is worn out, scored and out of round.

I guess you really can't see this without taking the cardon joint apart. Originally the shop said this part was a little worn when I had the shaft there the first time so it makes sense but they said it wasn't that bad either... I should have this back in the car on Friday evening and hopefully put an end to this issue. I will update you guys next week after I road test the car.

Thank you all for you're help!

Joe