StillOutThere

Sidemount covers? 1935 DB model DU

On a 1935 Dodge Bros Model DU,  were side mount covers standard equip when sidemounts were ordered or were they additional at extra cost.  Car I purchased does not have covers and seller says it has never had them to his knowledge (family car).   Thanks

IMG_4096.JPG

Posted (edited)

From the price list of accessories for my '33 Plymouth it looks like the side mounts did (change that to could) come with the cover because it says $30.00 for black or $32.50 for color.

1 33 plym accessory list 2.jpg

33 Plymouth 1.jpg

Edited by Reg Evans (see edit history)

If you look in your parts book you might find out. The pre-1934 book shows fabric tire covers, export only for DP and DO. Metal tire covers were offered for side and rear, apparently made by "Clayton Lambert". DP, DQ, DO Canadian made had different part numbers. DQ Canadian made used Lyons covers.

So what does your 1935 parts book show?

Out There, I just read a list for 1930 last night, covers were optional. I think Reggie's list shows it as extra cost too.  It's among other literature that I scanned and will be on the DBC site shortly.  I would have thought that car would be washed by now. 

1 hour ago, dep5 said:

The tire cover is listed as an accessory so it is a total stretch on your part to say that fender mounted spare tires came with metal tire covers.

Read down a little further and you will find fabric tire covers were offered as well.

Oh....I should have said could.  

1 hour ago, Spinneyhill said:

If you look in your parts book you might find out. The pre-1934 book shows fabric tire covers, export only for DP and DO. Metal tire covers were offered for side and rear, apparently made by "Clayton Lambert". DP, DQ, DO Canadian made had different part numbers. DQ Canadian made used Lyons covers.

So what does your 1935 parts book show?

If that is directed at me, I just bought the car and DON'T HAVE the book.  So I asked.  Okay?

1 hour ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Out There,  .................... I would have thought that car would be washed by now. 

Its awaiting pickup by my transporter who had to fit it into his busy schedule.

3 hours ago, StillOutThere said:

If that is directed at me, I just bought the car and DON'T HAVE the book.  So I asked.  Okay?

That should be your first search and purchase along with a shop manual, an operators manual and any period literature.

I had all three for every antique, vintage and new car that I ever owned.

Using the search function here and on the home page can help you with almost anything.  Most/many questions have been asked over and over.

Looks like a great car, nice that you included a picture and model and year with your question.

Good luck with your new vehicle.

• Like 1

So glad Reg posted that price list.

Think I'll run right down to my friendly Mopar dealer and order a set of imprinted side mount covers for my CG and tell the parts guy they are only $15.00 each.

Don't think I'll stay and wait for the guys in the white coats though.

Mike in Colorado

• Like 1