64 Body Lines

MY64RIVIERA

Tell me if I'm being too picky and critical.  I headed up to NH this past Saturday to look at a 64 Riviera and the body lines aren't sitting well with me.  Is this just an easy door adjustment, expected for a 54 year old car or should I be concerned?  I had a 64 several years ago and don't remember having this problem with the gaps around the door. 

Thanks,

Robert

Rivi 3.1.jpg

Rivi1.1.jpg

Rivi2.1.jpg

Rivi 4.1.jpg

The bottom of the door is flush with the rear quarter, but the top of the door sticks out.  The front of the door not flush with the fender at the top. The gap between the front fender and the door is too wide.  It's more than just the one thing.    A body manual will tell you where to start and how to progress from there.  This car needs a lot of attention to its fit and finish.  Something is not right.

OK Riviera People: The part that sticks out.   Maybe......there's crap in between the skin and the shell?  Maybe the T bolt is spinning and not getting the bite that would suck the skin into the shell?  Maybe it's got new rubber ant it ain't squished right? Maybe the new rubber has too much glue or is not fastened properly?   Could be a lotta different reasons and  perhaps a combination. I'm gonna guess that a good body guy could figure it out pdq.  Mitch