1932 Packard 900 "Shovelnose" grille

MN-Car-Guy

The only problem with evaporust is you will need quite a few gallons and a really big tub.  I do like evaporust though as it cleans without any scouring like steel wool if the chrome is really clean to begin with.  I've used wd 40 with the oooo steel wool and it seems to work real well as it lubricates it and cleans at the same time so you aren't just mechanically scraping away at it. 

You asked about value and rarity, I'm guessing very rare (I have never see one for sale), and price is a buyer/seller barter issue. Buyer if doing a rat-rod (what a shame that would be) will not want to pay much, perhaps less than $300. A restorer who needs a good straight core , perhaps $1000. My guess is value is circa $600.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, West Peterson said:

No problem with the purists on this one. It is extremely desirable, and nothing "un-pure" about it. It is not modified.

I guess I was thinking more in terms of thrashing such a valuable car out on a salt water saturated beach. Here in MN we don’t drive cars we care about in the winter because of all the salt they spread on the roads. It’s eats up everything, and that sand gets everywhere. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MN-Car-Guy said:

I guess I was thinking more in terms of thrashing such a valuable car out on a salt water saturated beach. Here in MN we don’t drive cars we care about in the winter because of all the salt they spread on the roads. It’s eats up everything, and that sand gets everywhere. 

I think we all envy him, actually.

• Like 1