front window channel fuzzies

bluesy66

Hi All,

Making good progress on rivi.  Hope to be done by end of summer.

I'm looking a pn or source for window channel fuzzies for this car. 

Also is there any alternative to the turn signal switch?  It has 9 terminals

Have a rebuilt wiper motor to change out. Any tips?

That's it for now

Paul

• Like 1

Can’t say that I ever used hand signals and I guess it would be inviting to be involved in an accident in today’s traffic. I installed LEDs in the rear of my 63 to make certain that anyone behind  my car clearly could see what I was doing as the original lamps was rather weak.

Good luck with the turn signal switch.

Edited by SwedeDownUnderR63 (see edit history)

gungeey,

got a 64 and was able to get turn signal sort of working. just have to adjust switch. but a pain.

all i need on the fuzzies is dimensions if someone can get those.

installled the wiper motor without ripping the front end apart. just need a new wiper switch.  any of those out there?

thanks

paul

27 minutes ago, bluesy66 said:

. just need a new wiper switch.  any of those out there?

thanks

paul

Have you tried the vendors who advertise in the Riview?  I'm always amazed at what they've accumulated over the years of parting out Rivieras for a living.

Ed

On 7/31/2018 at 7:14 AM, bluesy66 said:

RockinRiviDad what is the part number you used to order those fuzzies

Paul

I will be home tomorrow & get that info for u

edit:

wow, it’s been 5 years since I bought these. Pulled box off shelf & once again, I was pleasantly surprised how nice these felts look. I loosely test fit each piece to my existing felts & they look identical. Except for the small offset in the outer felt above the door handle. Doesn’t look hard to put the offset in when installing tho.   

Box is labeled with the Mfg Co. logo “Repops” (Montco Mfg.) & sold thru Rubber the Right Way (maybe others too). 

Price has gone up by almost $30 in 5 years…inflation I guess?

I do like that they have a Lifetime Warranty to the original owner IF u send in the registration form within 30 days of purchase…I didn’t ??‍♂️

With the start of this thread I was inspired to call my local upholstery guy for a quote on installation of these felts. I said I would remove all the old trim, take it to him to R&R the felts with staples like original. $250 was the quote ? I didn’t think it would be so high. Then I noticed there are staples & screws with install instructions included in this box. Sweet!! Maybe I’ll install myself ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Coincidentally, before all this talk, I recently saw a 64 at his shop with new window felts installed using rivets. He didn’t do the install but he pointed out its an easier install that some guys prefer. He said the rivets are way too visible & scream “look at me” to detail oriented guys like most of us. So DONT USE RIVETS haha

Sorry for long post…hope this helps…

B043B2AB-DF91-4021-8C97-B432BD25E724.thumb.jpeg.c6c43a238590b1495e28b6da0f42061c.jpeg

1D6BE760-C5A2-4DE8-A87E-1EF3787F48F6.thumb.jpeg.34f8d73a9ca38eac724e4b302158b807.jpeg

278A5FB8-1338-4074-A830-7CC978ECE2FA.thumb.jpeg.72229d29e50563f59ffaa85f05c01b4c.jpeg

63D5020A-20E9-488A-8A44-7A34A9F8901D.thumb.jpeg.91e27c43b62550ad1d3c3fb46e8a0eb0.jpeg

Edited by RockinRiviDad (see edit history)

My turn signals on my 63 worked better when I grounded the metal bulb socket to the body of the car.

i changed fuses, flasher, adjusted the turn signal “ wire” that actuated the turn signal switch. Cleaned the switch and mounted in s secure fashion on the steering column. The gents on the forum steered me straight to get the lights working.

RRB