Cowl/dash ID help please - updated info and photos

OLDTINPUSHER

Agreed the 1917 Dort dash layout is similar, but looking at pictures of pre-1920 Dort cars, they do not seem to have the vent on the top of the cowl and the top of pre-1920's cowls seem to slant forwards a lot more.

The windshield post bracket on the top of the cowl should be a good clue to what this is from.

• Like 1

• OLDTINPUSHER changed the title to Cowl/dash ID help please updated info and photos

I think it is newer, mid-'20s. 

Check out the '23 Wills St Claire B-68 on RM Sotheby's auctions. Can't copy the link for some reason. Window mount, vent, and even the dash is close.

And the Wills also doesn't have those very unusual windshield mounting 'tubes' either. They would seem to me to be the one feature that should be able to nail an ID; I can't recall seeing anything like those sort of brackets before.

Whether it is the Wills or not, I think any car using this style of windshield mount would have a cover going over the tube to hide the welds. What you are seeing is just the anchor for the windshield frame which would cover it.