1940 Chrysler Convertible AACA Senior

Very handsome and unusual car. I can't recall the last time I saw a 1940 Chrysler. Nice!

Brace yourself for all the "what is that blue car behind it?" questions. The tantalizing fruit of the forbidden tree.

I think in the future if I want to sell a car, I'll park it behind some other old car, take pictures so it's juuuuust out of focus and not quite in-frame, and let people get excited about the mystery car in the background (which is really the car I want to sell). It's human nature, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Brace yourself for all the "what is that blue car behind it?" questions. The tantalizing fruit of the forbidden tree.

Take a look around, Matt.  The answer to the tantalizing question may be hiding in plain view!  ?

26 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Very handsome and unusual car. I can't recall the last time I saw a 1940 Chrysler. Nice!

I think in the future if I want to sell a car, I'll park it behind some other old car, take pictures so it's juuuuust out of focus and not quite in-frame, and let people get excited about the mystery car in the background (which is really the car I want to sell). It's human nature, I guess.

1934 Cadillac. The taillight is a giveaway. Limo by the look of that rear door length.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

26 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

1934 Cadillac. The taillight is a giveaway. Limo by the look of that rear door length.

Ding Ding Ding.  Also for sale.  I posted it up.  Matt, I always try to put some teasers in the pictures.  ?

More Pre-War cars to come!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Nice Chrysler!  You always have nice cars offered

for sale, Steve.  I saw this car for sale in the Hershey

car corral in 2017, and it looked beautifully restored

and well preserved:

2017 Hershey car corral (10).JPG

Yes!  A great driver.  The work that has been done to it is impeccable.  Thanks John!

11 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

Just curious, are those fog lights stamped MoPar at 12 o'clock? I have a pair out on the desk in my garage so they are still fresh in my mind.

Bernie

Those don't look like the "UNITY" style with the MoPar name on top. I'll bet that the spotlight has the MoPar name on top, though.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

This 40 Chrysler convertible was sent from Windsor Canada to Sweden last winter. Needing a restoration, but very solid

40chryco 014.jpg

I know it seems to be hijacking the thread but show us some more pictures of your 40 Conv't.  You could even post it on a new thread.

• 3 months later...
On 11/6/2018 at 12:34 PM, B Jake Moran said:

While I appreciate seeing the Canada project convertible, it just goes to show the value of the originally posted car, turn key for $50,000 +/- instead of spending $100,000 to match it with the project vehicle.  May be your cup of tea to do restorations, but if it was then it would be done by now and not in Europe

Well said.  $100,000 + time is modest.

• 2 months later...