Please introduce yourself...

Guest bigdee47

I joined this forum and posted for the first time about 2 weeks ago (about a Sheller banjo wheel). I didn't bother to introduce myself then. Mea culpa.

My first rebuild was at the age of 15-18, a 1930 Model A Ford Tudor sedan, in Burbank, CA. Dark blue body, black fenders, red wheels.

After a long tour through VW land and BMW land and raising a family and, and, and, ...hope to retire in 3 more years.

I own a '56 Bel Air hardtop (8 years and counting to completion in another 2-3, with my daughter); a '38 Packard 110 business coupe (dilapidated but almost drivable); and a '38 Packard 120 four door sedan (runs, but not safe to ride in because the mice can't see over the dashboard).

Love to meet and chat with other car enthusiasts. Member of NorCal Packard Club and Redwood Empire Classic Chevy Club. I'm in the Santa Rosa area of N. Calif. Send a PM if you want to chat or get together.

David

Guest rudeb0y

hello everyone, i found this forum today and am really excited to join up. i have been searching for a mid 60's buick since the beginning of the year, my budget is under $5k and im hoping to pick up a car that has a running motor, but expecting to have to put some work in to the body and interior. not looking for a show car, but hoping to have a resto-mod look with some nicely tucked chrome 20's under the fenders. if you know of something that sounds like what im looking for, feel free to let me know...i want a lesabre or wildcat coupe, but sedan will be just as great

Guest Mrs. Shadetree

Hello,

I finally decided to make my own profile since my husband (Shadetree77) talks about me so much. We have a lot of fun working on our 1952 Buick (Lucy). Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I am looking forward to meeting a lot of you in South Bend!

Guest Pawnpro

Hey folks, my name is Jose I am in Miami, FL and was referred to your forum by a fellow enthusiast. I am a pawnbroker and often come across great cars that I drive for a while and then put back on the streets for someone to enjoy, I've had the honor of driving a couple of different antiques throughout the years, camaros, corvettes, novas, el caminos, and currently a buick wildcat. nice to meet you all, Jose

Guest BuzGuy

Hi people, the moderator keeps busting me to "introduce " myself so here it is.>> Hi, my name is BuzGuy which is a conjunction of my real name and my nickname. I invented it so friends could feel right calling me by something that I can't feel bad about. I'm 69 year old now and I enjoy taking old cars that others have started and fixing them up to be really nice and marketable. Thanks for your interest.

Still getting those silly introduce yourself messages so read the above again and also note I am currently working on a beautiful 60 Electra 225 that is a frame-off restoration. I call her Angel Eyes because I put those halo type LED headlights in all four headlamps. Thanks for all your attention!

Edited by BuzGuy
Failure to please (see edit history)

Guest AlbyBarham

Hi everybody, my names Frank and I've registered here to help a close friend out who has a 1938 Buick. I hope that it is ok to do that, it's just that he does not use a computer. His name is Alby and he has his restored Buick registered and on the road here in the UK.

He's looking for spare parts for his car. And we're hoping that someone here can point us in the right direction.

Guest BuzGuy

How many times I gotta do this? I'm Guy and I am 69 years old with a 63 Chevy and a 60 Buick. That's all,Guy

Thanks for responding mr.John D1956

i bought this car just 2 weeks ago after a long long search. The previous owner had it for 10 years. It looks pretty original.

My intentions are to keep it as original as possible. For this moment i am making a list to do but i should better call it a list of questions..... This forum gives a lot of information. One of the first things i want to do is changing the fluids and put some grease in it but what oil and grease should i use. A local garage (who's also doing classics) advised 15w40 and just 1 kind of standard grease for everything.

Again, thanks for responding,

greetings Martin

another picture

Glad to respond Martin. The grease is easy, presuming you are talking about the front suspension parts. The mechanic is right, there is basically one grease, and it should be fine. The oil is different. You can get lots of opinions from people. And everyone is probably right. I say it depends on how you plan to use the car. Will you drive it everyday? Will you drive it far like more than 30 miles each time it's used? What is the general weather where you live, hot each day, or just occasionally hot? How many miles are shwoing on the odometer and if the engine been rebuilt how long ago ( in terms of milage)?

Here's what I suggest, Start a new thread in the Me and My Buick Forum for these and other questions. And also search these forums for topics that may have been discussed already, especially the one on needing Zinc or Zinc additives in your engine oil. And ask any questions you feel are needed. Like all Forums the answers are usually here but sometimes it takes a little while for folks to see the questions.

Guest john@boomersag.com

Hello Mike!

I just joined the forum and recently purchased a 48 Road Master to restore.. I have lots of questions and I live just north of Austin near CP. I would love to see your projects and meet you. I'm truly a novice and would love to pick your brain sometime. Not sure how I'll see your response but if you like I can be reached at 431-0802.

TY John Berlet

Guest Jomaholz

Hello, My name is John and my son's name is Evan -- We recently got our hands on a 1955 Super 2Dr HT -- We are hoping to get it running, then worry about the cosmetics later. What we have done: New Radiator; hoses - flushed it out good. It does turn over, put we aren't getting gas from the tank to the carburetor -- in the process of trouble shooting the fuel pump and fuel delivery system. Any and all advise is welcome, we are way out of our comfort zone with this, but we are having fun doing it together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]202923[/ATTACH]

Hello John and John. Welcome to this forum. Two sweet cars to be playing with. Hope you enjoy your time on this forum and hope you consider joining the Buick Club of America Buick Club of America Membership Application. Please feel free to start a new thread in the Me and My Buick Forum, where others can read about you and your project and contribute in a meaningful way. We love to help out and there are a lot of folks with a lot of experience with these cars.

Good luck

Guest Century Mark

I just posted 3 Buick's for sale when i noticed i never did a intro

i've been a AACA member since 2007 posted on the Buick forum etc.

mainly i'm a GM guy with ties to 53 Studebaker coupe & Hawks

I came to the realization i'll never get all my favorite cars done

so i sold all the Studebaker's and now selling off all the Buick's

sold all the Pontiac's

My 50 Olds 88 coupe is my keeper i hope to have it running

before summer is over

I had one in high school stick with solids and a later 4 barrel & manifold

had great times driving it

selling off lots of parts when i find them

to make this a reality just love that 88 it's got the look

Hello Mike!

I just joined the forum and recently purchased a 48 Road Master to restore.. I have lots of questions and I live just north of Austin near CP. I would love to see your projects and meet you. I'm truly a novice and would love to pick your brain sometime. Not sure how I'll see your response but if you like I can be reached at 431-0802.

TY John Berlet

Just saw this.

I'll call you tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
Guest 1950-buick

Hello, my name is Mike, and I just bought a 1950 Buick Sedanette. It will need lots of work, but it will be worth it. I have to fab up some floor pans, and I hope to keep the straight 8. It is stuck, but I got s little movement in it. I will have to tear it apart to see what's going on. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Where is the best place to buy parts, like engine, suspension, brake parts? Who on here knows 50 Buick's really well? Thanks in advance for any help!

-Mike

Guest shadetree77
Where is the best place to buy parts, like engine, suspension, brake parts?

Welcome to the forum Mike. Here's a list of vendors I've compiled over my time here on the forum. Good luck with your '50!

NOS, New, and Used Buick Parts and Services:

Bob's Automobilia

3352 South El Pomar

Templeton, CA 93465

805-434-2963

Home page

Classic Buicks

P.O. Box 28

Dallas, OR 97338-0028

Classic Buick parts, high quality and exceptional value! Classic Buick parts, high quality and exceptional value!

The Buick Farm

PO Box 384

Clayton, DE 19938

NOS Buick Parts & Original Literature, 1935-2012 or Present

CARs, Inc.

205 Pearl St

Neshanic Station, NJ 08853

908-369-3666

Antique Old Buick Parts CARS, Inc.

AutoTran

Antique Automatic Trans. Parts

David Edwards

56 Dale Street, Dept. A

Needham Heights, MA 02494-1218

781-449-2065

Dynaflow Parts

Jim's Dynaflow Service

Jim Hughes

Perrysburg, OH

419-874-2393

Fatsco Tranmission Parts

337 ChangeBridge Road

PO Box 635

Pine Brook, NJ 07058

973-227-2487

800-524-0485

For Sales Dial #2

Welcome to Fatsco Transmission Parts Worldwide distributor of Transmission Parts

Antique Auto Supply

1225 Colorado Ln.

Arlington, TX 76015

817-275-2381

Antique Auto Supply, Keeping the Old Car Hobby alive for the last 50 years"

Classic NOS Parts

815-399-1075

Classic NOS Parts

Classic 2 Current Fabrication, LLC

Reproduction Floor Pans

24536 Capitol St.

Redford, MI 48239

313-534-2886

https://c2cfabrication.com/index.html

Inline Tube

Brake Lines/Brake Parts

15066 Technology Drive

Shelby Township, Michigan 48315

586-532-1338

Inline tube The brake plumbing experts

Steele Rubber Products

6180 E. NC 150 HWY

Denver, NC 28037

Phone: 704-483-9343

Steele Rubber Products - Quality Crafted Automotive Rubber Parts and Weatherstripping

Kanter Auto Products

76 Monroe St

Boonton, NJ 07005

1-800-526-1096

973-334-9575

Kanter Auto Products - Classic Antique Auto Restoration Parts

TA Performance Products

16167 N. 81st Street

Scottsdale, AZ 85260

480-922-6807

TA Performance Products Inc. - Your Leader in Buick Automotive Parts and Accessories

Used Buick Parts:

Ken Schmidt

The Buick Bonery

4700 8TH Ave

Sacramento, CA 95820-1511

916-599-3934

buickbonery@hotmail.com

Moore's Auto Salvage

1761 Country Road

Rapid City, SD 57701

605-348-4926

Moores Auto Salvage: Quality parts for antique and classic cars and trucks from the 1920s to 1980s.

Well, a little far for an afternoon visit.

The list Robert gave you is pretty inclusive. Check each one for prices. On new,reproduced stuff, probably will be the same from whichever one you use. Not necessarily so for NOS.

Don't just start replacing parts. You will find that MOST of the suspension parts are good, unless grease was scarce where the car came from. The one exception may be the shocks. Unless you are very lucky, they will need rebuilt. The seals go bad and they will not hold oil. Rebuilding is much cheaper than changing to something else. Lets hope the engine frees up and does not need to be bored out. Will be less expensive that way.

Enjoy

Ben

Guest Joosten

Hello,

i'm Bart from the netherlands,33 years old,hobby's are cars , especialy the old ones.

i have a lincoln continental coupé 1942 in restoration,together with my father.

Via this way i try to get. Some information and maybe get some spare parts.

sorry for my deficient english. ;)

Guest Joosten
Hello Bart, Welcome to the AACA Forums and glad to hear about your car. How about a picture or two and don't worry about your English.

Hete are some photo's from the lincoln

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Joosten (see edit history)

Guest jenni69

i'm jenni, have had several cars, 1967 Volvo p1800,1963 Volvo 544,1965 ford galaxy 500xl,1969 buick lesabre (my first car)and currently a 1976 buick skylark. kind of hard to find parts for odd fire v6 engine. I try to work on all my cars. and I weld so rust on cars isn't a problem. will not do my own paint though.no place to do it.my 2 1/2 car garage is filled with tools! and other cars! what's a girl to do! lol

Guest olympiagirl

Hello, My name is Ronda I just joined here trying to help my step dad. He has a 1923 Buick coupe, two door, Suicide doors, 4 cylinder. Desperately looking for a carb and a 1923 6 cylinder for sale with motor, transmission, fenders & hood, cowl & frame for sale. I will post pics when I figure out how and where. This site is full of so much useful information. Thank you all!!!!! :D

Hi Ronda, Welcome to you and your Stepdad. Besides this site your Dad should consider joining the Buick Club of America. You can do so here : Buick Club of America Membership Application

The advantage is the Club publishes a monthly magazine for the 8,000+ members worldwide, and there is a classified section where just about everything appears after a while. Wish you good luck in your search and looking forward to the pictures.

Guest olympiagirl

Thank you I have visited the site I will try again. It said somewhere pre-war was no fee to join I just don't want spam learning your site thanks to all for your patience.

Rhonda. The Pre-War Division (PWD) is free, but it is a Division of the BCA (Buick Club of America). We share information, provide an internet only newsletter. You need to be a BCA member and provide an e-mail address to receive the newsletter, There are also numerous Yahoo groups for specific age Buicks. The Pre-War forum is somewhat separate and that can be used by anyone to share information. You should post your inquiries for information and use the Buy and Sell section and list specific parts for which you may be searching. I an not sure what you mean about spam, as we do not seem to have a problem here. From time to time those Yahoo groups will attract some spam. John