Rivera - A car for all ages

65VerdeGS

My wife and I took our '65 out for a drive yesterday.  We parked it in front of a store.  While waiting in line to pay for a purchase, we overheard one of the cashiers (a young lady in her late 20's) say to the male security guard at the front of the store: "Hey Burt, is that a Buick Riviera parked out front?!  Oh, I wish I was on my break...  That has to be the most bad-ass cool car ever made!!!" 

As we were getting back into our Riv, the security guard followed us out, saying: "Just so you know, you've had SO many people gawking at your car - that's beautiful!"

It's been my experience that people of all ages admire the Riviera.  It brings joy to their faces.  Older adults might remember the car from when they were new.  But young people also appreciate its timeless, elegant, yet muscular lines.  Young adults ask, "What is it?" as they examine the car with puzzled curiosity.  Young kids, seeing the car for the fist time might ask: "Sir, is that a new car?"  A 7-year old boy once asked me this question as he stood wide-eyed looking at the Riviera.

image.thumb.png.b9c43a1d4c374af32f14201d44502be5.png

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, telriv said:

Yeah, especially '64 & '65 because no where on the exterior of the car says Buick. MANY always ask what kind of car is a Riviera? When I tell them it's made by Buick they get a strange look on their faces.

Yeah, my 63 says B U I C K in big letters across the back and the center caps and hood emblem are the Buick trishield.  Never the less  - lots of compliments.  It even drew raves 36 years ago when it was basically an "old car" and I used it as my daily driver.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I don't believe I would get the attention I get with a fully restored 57 Chevy or 69 Camaro that I get with this Riv. Too many of them; dime a dozen. I had a whole group of kids surround me in the Wal Mart parking lot a couple years back, and none of them had ever heard of it or knew what it was, lol.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jframe said:

I don't believe I would get the attention I get with a fully restored 57 Chevy or 69 Camaro that I get with this Riv. Too many of them; dime a dozen. I had a whole group of kids surround me in the Wal Mart parking lot a couple years back, and none of them had ever heard of it or knew what it was, lol.

Can't wait to get my 65 on the road,  but I agree.  I have a beautiful 67 GTO and a 65 corvair corsa.  Guess which car gets more inquiries?

Edited by Garysriv (see edit history)
  • Like 1