Buicks and Weddings

Kenneth Carr

My son and his fiancée made a very special request of me back in May of  2017. They asked me to chauffeur them in my '41 Buick Roadmaster sedan on their wedding day. I was thrilled to be given this opportunity. I was also quite anxious.

My car is no beauty and it is on a constant repair and improvement schedule. A lot had to be done before the wedding date.

I have chronicled the event on my WordPress blog and you are welcome to read the entire story. Just click the blue link to get there.

I hope some folks enjoy the story and are encouraged to post their own story here on the AACA forum.

Thanks!

(Note: Photograph courtesy of Matt Ferrara Photography)

04 Buick at RISD 60 percent.jpg

Edited by Roadmaster71
typos, photo attribution (see edit history)
  • Like 16

Kaftan ... Thanks for complement. The car makes me happy (most of the time).

The photo was done by the wedding photographer, Matt,  who went to school years

ago with my children. Matt is very good. He even rode shotgun in the Buick

so he wouldn't miss a thing.

Great photo!

21 years ago yesterday, my bride arrived at the church in a 1955 Century!

• Like 2

avgwarhawk -Thanks for the encouragement, it's always appreciated here. They did have a good time indeed!

AC Furman -  Congratulations to you and your bride! I'm sure the '55 made the day that much better. It's been 41 years for my wife and I.

Enjoy every minute because the years go by in a wink.

(recently installed front seat belts ; now my wife is less reluctant to ride with me ; that's her in the photo below.)

Buick at Cider Mill.jpg

Edited by Roadmaster71
added photo (see edit history)
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2017 at 7:00 PM, neil morse said:

I really enjoyed the story and the pictures.  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Neil! It's feedback like yours and others on this site that encourages

me to write about the Buick.

• 4 weeks later...

I just noticed this, for some reason I didn't see this thread before. It looks like it was a special day for everyone, and so memorable for the Happy Couple to be driven around in such a great car! The car really does look great in the pictures too. I understand though, as I think I'm the harshest critic of my '41 too.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Same with us. Our daughter,all of 25 now chose our 53 super to be delivered to and whisked away after the wedding last September. Considering most kids her age don’t really care for old cars it was quite an honor. And I got to walk her down the aisle. Here’s the car we used.

15161CF3-3027-4F00-81FC-4741D95E32E6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice. A few years ago a friend's daughter was getting married and wanted an old car. I showed some photos of the ones I thought may be acceptable and the bride chose my 1941 Special. It was a nice day, they enjoyed the car, and I offered my services to them as a wedding gift. 

• Like 1