He got a free Chrysler

Mark Huston

A few weeks ago my brother was given a 1948 Chrysler New Yorker sedan if he could get it moved by 10 am the next morning.   The car was in a storage unit for 10 years and being given away because the owner had stopped paying storage fees this past January.   He got a tow truck to move it the next morning to his house.  He is working on getting it running.   Here are pictures as it was pulled out of the storage unit.   

IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

• Like 1

Great score! B)

Lien sale title shouldn't be any problem at all. I have done quite a few that way without a hitch, here in California. 

Good luck with that terrific car!

1 hour ago, Curti said:

Everyone needs to get thrown a bone from time to time.  Good for your Bro.

Could be the season. Contagious ? In my neck they are choosing Bu's for gift hosses ! I can't help taking a few glances mouthwise , tho. So as not to be labeled a hijacker off of Mark's happy topic , I'll save the D.D.S. commentary for my own thread soon to be started on Pre War Buick. I figure when I actually take possession of the car itself , (I have already loaded all the parts) , in my name , that will be an apropriate starting point.     - Carl 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

It is best to play it safe. Get collector car insurance and license the car immediately. Once it is in his name the ownership is clear. Working on the car and waiting any length of time before legally transferring ownership can be a problem.

I am sure there are people out there who have been working on cars for years and spent a lot of money. And the cars aren't theirs, only in their possession.

Don't wait.

Nice to get the flathead 8. I love to hear them run. Well, not hear them run, actually.

Bernie