Not mine...Fully loaded 55 Buick Century (2 door hardtop)

Kosage Chavis

Not sure how to copy and paste a facebook ad, but someone in Glendale Arizona is selling a 55 Buick Century (2 door hardtop) for about 5,300 dollars. Car has power steering, power brakes, power windows, power seats and the factory AC system still in tact.  The best part is this car is a 3 speed manual transmission.

I want this car so badly, but that would be impossible.  Maybe someone on here might be interested.

• Like 1

Here is the link.  Looks like the interior isn't installed.

"Nice older restoration. Running driving lots of new and extra parts that came with it and picked up. Has a factory four barrel. I have all the parts nothing missing. Has new tires fun and cool car. 331 motor and automatic."

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/6125259516.html

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, kgreen said:

Here is the link.  Looks like the interior isn't installed.

"Nice older restoration. Running driving lots of new and extra parts that came with it and picked up. Has a factory four barrel. I have all the parts nothing missing. Has new tires fun and cool car. 331 motor and automatic."

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/6125259516.html

UM  zero power options and its a dynaflow....   decent looking car other that the hideous interior/exterior color combos.  black and red are great.  Green and white are great.  black, red, green, and white, looks like christmas with a black eye!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wndsofchng06 said:

UM  zero power options and its a dynaflow....   decent looking car other that the hideous interior/exterior color combos.  black and red are great.  Green and white are great.  black, red, green, and white, looks like christmas with a black eye!

That's because it's not the car I am talking about.  This is a screenshot of the facebook ad I mentioned earlier.  This is the car right here:Screenshot_20170524-133755.thumb.png.b0a058d961d5c4750f688c846cf334f1.png

3 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

Guessing it is the Dynaflow.  Not that it matters.  Great car to restore.   

Yea I'd guess there's a little confusion, but hydramatic is a GM automatic trans (olds I think) and this guy is probably just not familiar enough with buicks.  But still a way cool optioned car!!!

Okay, after exchanging texts with him for a bit, turns out that this car is an automatic (dynaflow).  I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up.  I glossed over the part where it said hydromatic and didn't even question it.  I just saw 3 speed and went crazy.  Anyhow, still an awesome car.

if it is as SOLID as he describes, the AC is complete and factory and the interior is decent,  it may be worth the asking. All depends on mechanical condition (including accessories) and condition of chrome and glass. Definitely worth looking into. Certainly a car that deserves a complete and correct restoration. 

• Like 2