Engines, engines for sale

Gentlemen,

Pleased by the response, but they are not my engines are not mine. I was just forwarding information which was sourced at a club event that I attended this weekend. I kind of hate to put the owners contact out there, but I guess since it's already out there Ill take a chance.-Bill

Mike Isham

253 212 8355

Offroadisham@gmail.com

16 hours ago, Buffalowed Bill said:

These two pages are what remain of a huge 250 engine collection which was the legacy of a local collector. I think that it's important that their survival be insured. I have no financial interest in these.

engines1[1].pdf

engines2[1].pdf

any idea what sort of condition the 20/21 caddy engine is in? or if it's a type 61 motor?

I'd be willing to split costs with someone else that wants to part it out and send some bits and pieces

On February 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM, hidden_hunter said:

any idea what sort of condition the 20/21 caddy engine is in? or if it's a type 61 motor?

I'd be willing to split costs with someone else that wants to part it out and send some bits and pieces

I have seen the engine. It is very complete , doesnt appear all beat up. Definitely type 59 ('20 - '21)  by serial number. It was purchased maybe 40 ? or more years ago by an "antique" engine collector of some fame. He picked well , but with the passage of time , and now some years in a simple shed .............. .?? I feel fairly confident there is significant commonality with type 61 , but just how much ? Mike will not part out , but if you email him he can send pics. He is about 1 1/2 hour from me , I can be of some help. I had to divide my attention there between quite a few engines plus a '30 Buick project. It was a miserable Winter day yesterday , and I am old and in ill health. Had to spend most of the next day recovering. Some of these engines will need more than a day in a warm bed ! Then again , I think their parts are more serviceable than my own ! Stuart , you must feel a bit gut shot over the engine problems inflicted on you. Was it not supposed to "run well" ? Must be a lesson here. You will come to be an expert on these early V8 Cads , now rather sooner than you would have liked. You MUST have a QUALIFIED inspection done when purchasing remotely. Even then ................. Hey , I have purchased many a Mercedes  Benz. I know how to do it. In general , the dealer knows better than I do. I once bought a V12 'Benz successfully by remote control after thorough evaluation by a dealer South of 'Frisco. Got TOTALLY reamed on another one by a dealer North of 'Frisco whose service manager siced a total greenhorn gal on me. I had to have my service manager up here in Seattle take her by the hand and try to "learn her up". Turned out very bad for me , and I am quite bitter over it. 

O.K. Mike wants $700 for the engine. I don't know how great a deal this is. I paid a couple hundred bucks for a ready to bolt up cyl head for my  '27 Cad . I think that was a good deal. Years from now , you will look at all the knowledge gained from events like this , and consider that education to be a good deal !  Hang in there. Let me know if I can help.  - Carl

I am picking up from Mike this weekend  (March 4 2017) and coming back to Northern Alberta. I have room for one more engine if anybody needs one brought back... just help pay for a bit of the gas... you make the deal with Mike on the engine... send me a PM if interested.

16 hours ago, C Carl said:

I have seen the engine. It is very complete , doesnt appear all beat up. Definitely type 59 ('20 - '21)  by serial number. It was purchased maybe 40 ? or more years ago by an "antique" engine collector of some fame. He picked well , but with the passage of time , and now some years in a simple shed .............. .?? I feel fairly confident there is significant commonality with type 61 , but just how much ? Mike will not part out , but if you email him he can send pics. He is about 1 1/2 hour from me , I can be of some help. I had to divide my attention there between quite a few engines plus a '30 Buick project. It was a miserable Winter day yesterday , and I am old and in ill health. Had to spend most of the next day recovering. Some of these engines will need more than a day in a warm bed ! Then again , I think their parts are more serviceable than my own ! Stuart , you must feel a bit gut shot over the engine problems inflicted on you. Was it not supposed to "run well" ? Must be a lesson here. You will come to be an expert on these early V8 Cads , now rather sooner than you would have liked. You MUST have a QUALIFIED inspection done when purchasing remotely. Even then ................. Hey , I have purchased many a Mercedes  Benz. I know how to do it. In general , the dealer knows better than I do. I once bought a V12 'Benz successfully by remote control after thorough evaluation by a dealer South of 'Frisco. Got TOTALLY reamed on another one by a dealer North of 'Frisco whose service manager siced a total greenhorn gal on me. I had to have my service manager up here in Seattle take her by the hand and try to "learn her up". Turned out very bad for me , and I am quite bitter over it. 

O.K. Mike wants $700 for the engine. I don't know how great a deal this is. I paid a couple hundred bucks for a ready to bolt up cyl head for my  '27 Cad . I think that was a good deal. Years from now , you will look at all the knowledge gained from events like this , and consider that education to be a good deal !  Hang in there. Let me know if I can help.  - Carl

Yeah it was supposed to run well, but I factored into the price I paid that they were totally lying about the running condition. There is a lot of commonality between the 59 and 61 (serial numbers for these cars actually start with the model number, so mine is 61U-489) - $700 isn't actually that unreasonable, but it's more the logistics (and cost) of getting it to Aus, so I'd be looking to see if someone wants to buddy up for parts