Riviera Debit Card

PWB

17 hours ago, PWB said:

I'm savin' up for the GS Riv.

Hope you're stayin warm up there Mr. Randy

Come down and visit our beaches!

Staying as warm as one can up here in the great white frozen North Mr. Paul !!

. . . as far as the beaches go,  not at +.30 cents on a dollar - it just ain't gonna happen.

Better clear that custom card with #1 Rich -  the ROA logo, and use of same, is copyrighted !!

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)

5 hours ago, 68RIVGS said:

Better clear that custom card with Ray Know, diredtor of the ROA. -  the ROA logo, and use of same, is copyrighted !!

This is something that Ray and the Board of Directors take very seriously.  If you don't believe it, just ask the guy who tried to start an "ROA" / "Riviera Owners Assn." Facebook page. 

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

2 hours ago, RivNut said:

This is something that Ray and the Board of Directors take very seriously.  If you don't believe it, just ask the guy who tried to start an "ROA" / "Riviera Owners Assn." Facebook page. 

It's not clear that an individual who puts the ROA logo on a debit card would be in violation of trademark law; see the "functional use" exception.  That's quite a bit different than starting an unauthorized Facebook page, which can reasonably be construed as causing "likelihood of confusion" with the real ROA.

10 hours ago, KongaMan said:

It's not clear that an individual who puts the ROA logo on a debit card would be in violation of trademark law...

One could argue that the ROA logo on a credit/debit card could help 'spread the word' and actually be a positive for the club.  ;)

14 hours ago, EmTee said:

One could argue that the ROA logo on a credit/debit card could help 'spread the word' and actually be a positive for the club.  ;)

Care to the Throne, all boats float with the tide....

I am posting this On behalf of Ray Knott, the ROA Director, he thanks everyone for their interest and pride in our Rivieras and the ROA. However, the ROA logo is the legal property of the ROA and is protected, as stated on page 3 of the Riview. Therefore, we must maintain exclusivity and it cannot be reproduced without specific permission from the ROA. In addition, Wells Fargo clearly states on its website that it will reject any image or logo that is protected by trademark or copyright.

25 minutes ago, JZRIV said:

I am posting this On behalf of Ray Knott, the ROA Director, he thanks everyone for their interest and pride in our Rivieras and the ROA. However, the ROA logo is the legal property of the ROA and is protected, as stated on page 3 of the Riview. Therefore, we must maintain exclusivity and it cannot be reproduced without specific permission from the ROA. In addition, Wells Fargo clearly states on its website that it will reject any image or logo that is protected by trademark or copyright.

I concur with your statement and digress with any promotion or affiliation of ROA logo/emblem with any financial institution debit cards.

This affiliation was never in my attempt. (I blocked out enterprise full logo in posts)

I will be in in New Ken' tomorrow and look forward to a possible meeting with you? Please call me. Would love to see your fine restoration.

PWB

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

7 hours ago, PWB said:

I concur with your statement and digress with any promotion or affiliation of ROA logo/emblem with any financial institution debit cards.

This affiliation was never in my attempt. (I blocked out enterprise full logo in posts)

I will be in in New Ken' tomorrow and look forward to a possible meeting with you? Please call me. Would love to see your fine restoration.

PWB

Paul - Yes today is good to visit. The showroom is open here at work. PM Sent.