Figaro

CarlLaFong

There is one that shows up locally to some of the cruise nights. A really different sort of car. The owner has a nice sized info board he puts in the car to explain just what it is. The one he has is a beigy brown like the one to the left in Hudsy's picture above. I didn't know about them until this car showed up.

Edited by 36 D2 Coupe
added info (see edit history)

Man, I'm really diggin' this ride.  A quick look through eBay and Craigslist ads shows a handful for sale right now.  Prices seem to be all over and I guess that's from dealers trying to get what they can for the car since there really isn't a source for comparables.  Maybe with a little luck, there might be one in my future.

Chris  

Like 36 D2 Coupe, I've seen the one at our local cruises a number of times, it is a really well presented vehicle.

Here is a picture of a 1991 Figaro that was for sale at the car corral at Hershey in October.  

When I blow up the photo to read the sign on the windshield there was no price listed.  If anyone wants the sellers name they can PM me.

Figaro.jpg

Edited by Gangster (see edit history)

Gangster gave me the phone number of the fella selling the Figaro at Hershey last month.  It was a dealer in NJ and he's claiming the car is the nicest in the country.  Said it has 28K miles, he rechromed a bunch of pieces, is a unique color and was imported from Canada.  Said his price is $20K.   A quick look through Craigslist and eBay lists a handful of Figaro's with asking prices in the $7.5K - $12K range.   This got me thinking though, and just as 8E45E said, I'm thinking better deals can be found in the Great White North.  Anyone have experiance with importing a car from Canada into the US?

Chris 

I purchased a 1967 Fiat 500 Giardiniera from a gentleman in Toronto. He brought it to the border where I went to pick it up. Doing the customs work was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had concerning a car. Unfriendly, unhelpful agents not wanting to mess with me. They kept pushing form after form to me which were obviously meant for transit companies importing many cars - not some inexperienced hobbyist bringing one non-running odd little car home in the back of a pickup. Doubt I'd do it myself again. Sometimes it pays to be naive in a tough situation. Not that time!