1949 Roadmaster sedanet

Don Tomaso

Hi

On the body tag I have the letters K and M. Anyone that know what they mean.

All the other I know what it means.

My car has a manual transmission with all the right parts so i wonder if it's maybe a special order or maybe modified by the dealer?

Every book says that all Roadmasters has the dynaflow transmission but not mine.

Regards

Thomas

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1822.JPG

Edited by Don Tomaso (see edit history)
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Dan O said:

I am not sure about the standard shift or the data plate but that'a great looking sedanette!   

That photo looks like somewhere in southern Sweden.  Am I right?

Welcome to the board.

Thank's,

You are right, I live in the south of Sweden about 40 Km southwest of the city Växjö.

50 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Not to get off topic, but what the heck in that photo says southern Sweden? Or even Sweden for that matter? Looks like Madison county , Georgia to me

Mr. Earl -  Ha, visit and you'll know.  It's that particular shade of yellow and barn-red they use plus the roofing materials and vertical planks and skinny windows on the house.  No barbed-wire, clean as a whistle.  Plus those damned clouds and flat terrain.  AND they have a LOT of old American iron cruising around.

Don Tomaso - I'll be in Nybro an hour and a half to the east of you next summer.  Perhaps we could meet at a carshow somewhere!

• Like 2

Wondering if that car was ordered as an "export" model (for Europe) and the conversion was done "post-production" and "pre-shipment"?  I would think that doing such a conversion in Europe would require a LOT of things not normally available over there, except for another donor vehicle?  Presuming it went to Europe when it was newer . . .  Seems like, in later years, GM had a facility in Belgium which built some cars or possibly modified others for the European market?

NTX5467

Mr.. Earl, what ever happened to that "dream" real estate deal you mentioned a few years ago?  Where the entire development would be home to Buick owners/enthusiasts with "service facilities" and in-site storage facilities.  Even possibly a "test and tune" roadway loop?  Sounded neat back then!

(If EIGHT Buicks are no longer at Buick Gardens, we've seen some "in repose", in "historic structures", how many MORE are lurking under flowers and such?).

NTX5467

Great car.  I noticed there is a Dynaflow script on the side of the car. 

IMG_1822.JPG

I'd bet someone dropped a reverse strut and said: the heck with this new fangled automatic thingy.  Make it a stick shift!

• Like 2

On 2016-10-02 at 4:24 AM, NTX5467 said:

Wondering if that car was ordered as an "export" model (for Europe) and the conversion was done "post-production" and "pre-shipment"?  I would think that doing such a conversion in Europe would require a LOT of things not normally available over there, except for another donor vehicle?  Presuming it went to Europe when it was newer . . .  Seems like, in later years, GM had a facility in Belgium which built some cars or possibly modified others for the European market?

NTX5467

Hi, not a europe car, imported from US this summer.

On 2016-09-30 at 3:34 PM, Dan O said:

Mr. Earl -  Ha, visit and you'll know.  It's that particular shade of yellow and barn-red they use plus the roofing materials and vertical planks and skinny windows on the house.  No barbed-wire, clean as a whistle.  Plus those damned clouds and flat terrain.  AND they have a LOT of old American iron cruising around.

Don Tomaso - I'll be in Nybro an hour and a half to the east of you next summer.  Perhaps we could meet at a carshow somewhere!  .

That would be nice

On 2016-10-02 at 4:46 AM, JohnD1956 said:

Great car.  I noticed there is a Dynaflow script on the side of the car. 

IMG_1822.JPG

I'd bet someone dropped a reverse strut and said: the heck with this new fangled automatic thingy.  Make it a stick shift!

There is Dynaflow skript on the steringwheel and trunk lid to, so i also guess on a dealer rebuild.