Any Maxwell fans here?

Guest Kevin Carl Williams

Guest Kevin Carl Williams

As you can see, I just signed up to this site.  I did for two reasons:  one, because I love old cars (1970s AMC mostly) and two, because a friend of mine found a rear window to a Maxwell in an old garage he was cleaning out.

He doesn't know anything about cars and I don't know anything about Maxwells, does anybody around here specialize in them?  Thanks!

There is a 1913 Maxwell in my town that I have been trying to purchase since I found out about it in1972. The car is owned by the son of the original owner but there is a major issue with the car. During World War II the car was stripped of all the brass parts to help the war drive. The owner of the vehicle is quite old and has done nothing with the car and is quite content having the car sitting on rims in his garage. A couple of months ago there was a fully restored Maxwell in the AACA's Antique Automobile magazine listed for something like $25K. I showed the ad to the owner and he said that if he was to sell the car he would ask more than that for his unrestored car. Oh well.

I'm a Maxwell fan by default. My father used to work at the former Maxwell plant, then a Chrysler plant, in New Castle, Indiana and it was the largest auto plant in the world when it was built, and locals always said the largest building period in terms of square footage. It got torn down of course, all the cool stuff does, and now a much smaller building sits in it's place with only the original cornerstone remaining, and it no longer has anything to do with automobiles as I recall, but I haven't been back there in years.