Do We Still Have a Gallery?

I almost never go to the gallery so I had not noticed that there does not seem to be a very visible button for it like there used to be. If you look just to the right of the "forum" button near the top of the page, you will see a "browse" button. Click that and a menu comes up with a link to the Gallery. Perhaps Peter can change the page setup to have a direct "Gallery" button to make it easier to find. 

• Like 2
On 4/24/2016 at 3:06 PM, MCHinson said:

... Perhaps Peter can change the page setup to have a direct "Gallery" button to make it easier to find. 

Good idea, Matt.  I had no idea that access to our photo gallery was hidden there.

I think the average new browser, looking at AACA's offerings, would be unlikely to find it--

and the gallery really shows our hobby's cars in all their glory!

Can Peter create a blue tab labled "Photo Gallery" so that interesting and promotive feature is readily seen?

Maybe it will be more popular then, too.

So...I went to my profile to see the images and still nothing. I had lots of car photos on there before. That's o.k....I still have them on my computer. Just a shame they are gone.

I never looked in depth at the Gallery--I just browsed it every once in a while--

so I don't really know how it's organized.  It seems as if it would be hard to find things.

(Especially if members can't find their own pictures!)

Any explanations would be welcome, so I and others can get more out of it.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Keiser31,

They are not lost. They are just not easy to find. I am not sure if Peter can do anything to fix that. It looks like the conversion to the new software lost some of the easy search ability but they are all still there. Check out this link:

http://forums.aaca.org/profile/81542-keiser31/content/?type=gallery_image

I started looking through the Gallery and found a few spammers that had posted single photos with spam links in the captions, so I just banned a few and deleted some of their photos. It looks like if you scan through the member galleries you can find a photo by an individual and then click the link on that page to find their "other content" and find all of them. I think that all of the old photos are still there but it does take a little bit of looking to find them.

• 2 weeks later...