Looking for paint job for 1926 dodge

Mpgp1999

Smos used the word estimate liberally but seemed to imply an actual cost.

I agree these old cars cant be estimated accurately.

Time and materials! Keep track of billable time and don't proceed if the billable hours are not kept current.

To many stories of guys that don't come and pay their bill because it costs more than expected. Mechanics or restorers don't want the project, they just want to make a living.

On 5/16/2016 at 11:48 PM, Mpgp1999 said:

Well I'm just looking for it to be good and fast because I have a car show in less than 1 month

Fast. Well-done. Cheap. Pick two.

And am I the only weird one who thinks that Studebaker sedan looks AWESOME as it is?

if you're going to bother using rattle cans, might as well go to MAACO.................

if you want a really fine job- consider shipping it to a Canadian shop, where the dollar goes much farther nowadays..................!

I have seen some fairly nice oem style work from MAACO, but not at the $299 introductory price. You should at least contact them and see some finished work. A friend had some 1930s Studebaker fenders body worked and painted black and they defiantly looked nice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Fast. Well-done. Cheap. Pick two.

And am I the only weird one who thinks that Studebaker sedan looks AWESOME as it is?

Fast and good

Sorry if I confused anyone,

We are talking about an estimate. There is no one out there that will give a fixed cost on any restoration project. They would be lying to you.  With classic cars and the age of them you can't predict what you can't see. But, that does not mean you can't give the customer information about what you can see now. We strive in our estimate to show the customer everything we see during that evaluation about the condition of the car. We hide nothing from our customers. If we see an issue we put it in the estimate. That is why we take the time. You can't catch everything or predict everything.  I believe in being honest and fair. The owner is a great person who has never been unfair to his workers or his customers. If we find something during the actual build we immediately contact the customer and show the customer in-person or via pictures the issue we may have found. if there are options to fixing the issue we give that to the customer and let the customer make the decision.  We don't start a restoration without a detailed discussion of the process and the costs. The estimate is a part of the discussion. We are upfront with the customer on process, cost and expectations.

If you have questions, feel free to contact us. Or PM me here and I will try to answer any questions about what it takes to restore a car. 

Also, feel free to click on our tab on our website about cost. we can send you a E-doc about the restoration process.

PrecisionCarRestoration.com

314-652-1966

Edited by Smos001 (see edit history)