Any ideas on the make of this car?

intimeold

Yup. These were made all the way up to 1916. They came in both air-cooled and water cooled versions. The engine was a 2 cylinder opposed mounted under the mid section of the frame. Dandy Dave! 

The Amish can do it in one of their tire and wheel shops Wayne. Some Carriage's also used a similar tire. It actually has a steel rod inside of it and they stretch the rubber back enough to weld it to the correct diameter. After welding and cooling they just release the clamp and the rubber springs together. I've seen them do it years ago when my dad use to get buggy and cart wheels from them. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

In 1916 scientists claimed the human mind and body wasn't capable of processing information at speeds over 15 MPH to be able to operate a vehicle. One hundred years later and they are still trying to prove those scientists wrong.

The financial people also said that people receiving Ford's high wages would spend it foolishly.

And during the Revolutionary War one could be elected leader of a Minute Man group if they could afford rounds of rum at the tavern.

I remember doing close to that breakneck speed of 16 MPH when we hitched my cousins to Grandpa Jim O'Brien's high wheeled buggy.

Bernie

• Like 1