North Korean take over?

We have been hit pretty hard today by Korean Spammers. I have just deleted another group of them. If you see any more please hit the report button on one of the posts to alert the moderating staff. I did not notice how long that group of spam posts was out there before I saw it, banned the spammer and deleted all of his/her posts. Nobody reported this one. Hitting the report button will get it removed faster.

• Like 1

We have been hit pretty hard today by Korean Spammers. I have just deleted another group of them. If you see any more please hit the report button on one of the posts to alert the moderating staff. I did not notice how long that group of spam posts was out there before I saw it, banned the spammer and deleted all of his/her posts. Nobody reported this one. Hitting the report button will get it removed faster.

As I posted the above post you also posting a reply.

Thanks for the explanation.

I'll keep an eye out

We have been hit pretty hard today by Korean Spammers. I have just deleted another group of them. ...... Nobody reported this one. Hitting the report button will get it removed faster.

Thanks for the good work (again) :)

I reported 2 of them, but 1 lot (26 posts) was all gone by the time I had finished reporting the 2nd

This looks another one in the making [time is my local time](spammer names are generally easy to pick out)

SHUGHshae66336

Joined on Today, 01:22 PM

Validating · 0 posts

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Back again (twice) as

http://forums.aaca.org/user/156411-bensyunge99663/

http://forums.aaca.org/user/156412-jepoy09/

Been reported. He is keen  (115 & 308 posts when I last looked)

Edit

another name

http://forums.aaca.org/user/156414-gusrlwjd100/

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

I would never try to contact the peckerwoods, but if I did it would be something like:

You have come to the attention of the fbi criminal apprehension division, 

and may anticipate inquiry by the federal communications commission enforcement office.

p.s.: your recipe for kimchi was written by an illiterate clerk who can neither cook nor understand Asian language composition. 

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1

And they are gone again for now... Simply report one of the spammer's posts if you see them again and we will ban them and delete all of their posts.

I guess the admins were all in bed when they started. I reported the first one at about 11:30 CST last night. Since I only saw one username, I only hit report on the first post.

There were actually about a dozen or so again this morning. One of them did have 433 posts which is obviously the user whose posts you saw. I am spending about a half hour each morning dealing with the problem, until the long term solution is found. 

I guess the admins were all in bed when they started. I reported the first one at about 11:30 CST last night. Since I only saw one username, I only hit report on the first post.

Yes, most of the Korean spammers probably hit us between about midnight and 5 am Eastern...

Most moderators are in the Eastern Time Zone. I really wish we had a moderator somewhere overseas who would generally be awake when most of the moderators are asleep.

I printed the message and had it translated. It says "Buy the Korean Buick. The ones from China and the ones from Germany are no good. When better cars are built, Korea will build them." At least that's what the Korean tattoo artist who put "I am the evil from the valley" on the back of my neck said.

Bernie

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... I'm not getting updates from the forum like I used to.  I quit following several forums during the Korean Conflict of 2016 because my email was getting unmanageable, but I never quit following any threads.  I've turned the following back on and was getting emails for a while, but I haven't gotten any updates since Wednesday...

Oh, wait!  When was that forum system update?  Maybe that did it.  Anyone else getting email notifications?

I appears that we are having some email delivery issues recently. The webmaster has been made aware of it. He is busy preparing for the update. I am sure he will get it all back up and running but we will need to be patient for a few days or so. 

• Like 1