need help stutz emblem dealer display what is this?

Guest MADAFARR

Guest MADAFARR

Does anyone know what this is. My dad and i cleaned out a garage with a bunch of antique car parts. This is lead and weighs almost 7 pounds. Thanks in advance

post-154450-0-45433400-1439879915_thumb.

Cannot be a stamping die if it is made of lead! The die has to be stronger than what you are trying to stamp.

At 7 pounds it is not a spare wheel center cover.

Probably someones fun home casting done with tire weights using a spare dust cover as the pattern.

Auburn seeker is on the mark. Not even practical as a paper weight!

Cannot be a stamping die if it is made of lead! The die has to be stronger than what you are trying to stamp.

At 7 pounds it is not a spare wheel center cover.

Probably someones fun home casting done with tire weights using a spare dust cover as the pattern.

Auburn seeker is on the mark. Not even practical as a paper weight!

That was the only reason I thought of a door stop.  Maybe a paperweight for a vendor at Hershey during Hurricane season.  Lead isn't really good for much as it marks to easy other than weight and ease of smelting.  I bet as you thought, they may have used some sort of cap to pour the lead in, which if it was a pretty thin stamping would have good detail on both sides. 

Guest MADAFARR

Thanks everybody for the help. The back is flat. This thing is well made I think the emblem is backwards in the middle although I am not sure. The only guess we had was that it was some sort of counter top display.

post-154450-0-57070600-1439956550_thumb.