Going it alone to Springfield

dibarlaw

My wife and I will be driving our 1937-41 from Chambersburg Pa.. It seems that no one else in our region will be coming along. At least not on a pre war friendly route. I have a fellow Mason-Dixon chapter member who will be driving his 1970 Estate Wagon but traveling on the interstates. We will be going through West Virginia and getting on route 60 and on through Kentucky. We will keep the roster handy in case.

• Like 2

Larry,

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.  Health prevents me from attending this year.  You should check the route the guys from NY are taking. 

Also note John from Macungie is looking for transport of interior components  (white) and it looks like your friend with the estate wagon might have room to handle that for a bit of gas money.

John

have a great trip Larry just take it slow and easy.I had a great time with my 1940 last year (boston to Portland) it was very good.I will wish you luck but you are driving a BUICK and you know it will take you back home

have a great BUICK day

BUKE

If you recall last year we followed you into the Columbia Gorge and met you at the Shell station, Our KIA had a tough time keeping up with you. These were our photos of the meeting, Thanks to all for the good wishes.

Larry

post-121302-0-63658400-1433642885_thumb.

post-121302-0-46513000-1433642949_thumb.

I don't know how many miles it is going YOUR way, but MapQuest says on express roads it's 1007.

I wish you well, FOR SURE.

You will be South of Indy, so won't see ya drive by, BUMMER....

I rode in a 37 Buick many times, our dad was with Buick, so WE ALWAYS HAD A BUICK.  We called the 37 Betsy, us five kids would say, COME ON BETSY, START, IT DID.  

Dale in Indy