Any value in saving flathead 6's

I recently bought a pretty large parts lot where I can take or leave what I want. In the garage are 3 flathead 6's believed to be circa 1934 Dodge (all the other parts were) Think it's worth the while hauling and storing these, any demand? Thanks

I have a 1936 Dodge RS cp that had a later engine in it and when I started looking for the right engine (D-2), I was VERY happy that someone had saved old flatheads because it gave me the chance to make my car right.  I - myself - would save them if you have the room to store them and try to find people that are needing them to keep their restorations right.  Then again, I am a real stickler when it comes to the right parts for a car. Good luck.

Bob

• Like 1

33 and 34 Plymouth and Dodge L-6 engines are a bit different from the '35 and up as they don't have the full length water jacket so the block is narrower and they use a different head. If you are trying to keep your car authentic are harder to find and you'd love to find usable parts or even a good engine core. That said, I haven't a clue on how long you might have to store them before you find a buyer and that can be a consideration.

At least the first shot is an engine later than 1934. There should be a alphanumeric identifier on the boss on the top front of the block on the distributor side above where the generator mounts. What are those IDs?

I hate to leave them for the scrappers but it will be a lot of work getting them home.

That's putting it mildly... I know I don't have any more space or the financial ability to save them. We all understand what you're up against. Tough call but you gotta make it.

Well here are the numbers off the engines: The one with the red head reads PI8*72386* (the asterisks are stars)

The one with the chain on top reads PDI 59439

The one with the plug wire harness on it reads D8-98982

Also found one (not pictured) with no numbers??

Well here are the numbers off the engines: The one with the red head reads PI8*72386* (the asterisks are stars)

The one with the chain on top reads PDI 59439

The one with the plug wire harness on it reads D8-98982

Also found one (not pictured) with no numbers??

P18 would be a 1949 Plymouth

PDI is not a prefix I am aware of but PD would be for a 1933 Plymouth

D8 would be for a 1938 Dodge