Anyone going to the Mitchell Museum auction in Owosso, Mich. next week?

Pete Phillips

Is anyone going to the Mitchell Museum auction in Owasso, Michigan next week? There are some rare Buick woody wagons and other Estate Wagons being auctioned off, and I would like someone to take photos and cover it for the Buick Bugle magazine, if possible.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Bugle Editor

I signed up to bid and trying to figure out a way to get there next week. I have had one of his creations so long I would like to pick up a personal item.

Too bad they are not selling his suit:

Bill-Mitchell.jpg

I already have the haircut and body language:

AR-310319948.jpg&MaxW=622&cci_ts=20111027150120post-46237-14314267555_thumb.jpg Just need the hat.

Bernie

Bill, I suspect that much of the price difference was attributable to a difference in condition between the two cars.

I will give condition a little push here, as we cant see the cars up close. But 100 K worth of condition on a wagon ? You have to somewhat assume that both wagons were at least a nice 20 footer or else why would they be in a museum. I see this in other auctions too, where 49's go for much more then the 50 - 52 models.

Guest shadetree77

Condition on the two was pretty close. I think it might have to do with the past owners. The '49 Roadmaster was said to have been owned by cartoonist Al Capp. The Super was owned by Milton Berle. Celebrity ownership=more cash.:)

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)