NICE PHOTO OF DAVE'S CHARTREUSE LADY IN HEMMINGS DOT COM

Marty Roth

Yep. The Chartreuse Lady's color combo definitely Pops. I find that either people like it, or they do not. No matter what, there is no denying that it is a very classy combination. Dandy Dave!

My 15 originally came in two colors. All black, or a deep blue with black fenders/ splash aprons. The one time that I had it judged, they did look up the colors offered, and did knock off a few points because my color was not listed. Also my car hubcaps should be nickeled and a few other little things. I like it with the brass look. Especially with the color combo and white walls and it will stay that way as long as it is in my care. Most folks do not have a clue anyway. It will be 100 years old in October and still runs and drives. How many can say that about a car in their stable?

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

I LOVE IT........, I also know a little about folks LIKING, or NOT LIKING. I can/do live with that.

What I DON'T like is someone coming up and the first words out of their mouth is, WHY DID YOU MODIFY YOUR CAR.

It's just paint, and anytime you feel you want to change it, then that's your choice.

Dale in Indy

Love that color on that car.

Dave, next time someone suggests you should have painted the car an original color hit them with "Oscar Wilde once wrote, “Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and un-allied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways..... THIS is the way it spoke to me.

or to make it even more fun, omit the "Oscar Wilde once wrote" part and at the end ask them if they would like to see what color speedos you have on and they will walk away with a whole new respect for Dandy Dave. ;)

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Dave,

I think that touring your beautiful "CHARTREUSE LADY", and wearing a matching speedo would be the perfect attention-getter in Portland and on the After-Tour" -- KOOL !!!

post-54863-143142517117_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143142517119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

LOL... I have a green thong around here somewhere.... :eek:.... I did not paint the car. It was a museum car and came that way. I fixed all the mechanicals and straitened out the electrical system and spiffied her up a bit here and there adding some missing pieces, and correcting some that were wrong. Actually just about no one tells me that the color is wrong. In fact, the head judge said that he would also have left it the color it is. And who is to say that these were ordered black and painted at the dealer whatever color the customer wanted? We know the customer is always right.

Having ridden with Dave a mile or two in the "Chartreuse Lady" I could not conceive it any other color. Plus it was easier to be seen in the cloud of smoke from its burning brakes as we tried to keep Mark Shaw from dragging us down hill at over 40 MPH on the 2013 After Tour!

Having ridden with Dave a mile or two in the "Chartreuse Lady" I could not conceive it any other color. Plus it was easier to be seen in the cloud of smoke from its burning brakes as we tried to keep Mark Shaw from dragging us down hill at over 40 MPH on the 2013 After Tour!

I Still do not know how he though a 2 wheeled braked car was going to stop his vehicle and mine all together. I questioned it from the beginning and was right in the end. It don't work. The news is out, Old Dandy Dave is pouring Babbitt as we speak. Between bill paying jobs that is. Dandy Dave!

What has been seen can not be un seen.

Common now. It aint all that bad??? Is America the only county in the whole world that does not except a Speedo. Backward we are in many respects. Eh. I guess we cannot expect much from a county founded by a few great minds but run by Red Neck politicians. Nuf said. No more comments on this subject. Back to the antique cars we love. :cool: Dandy Dave!

Sure looked sharp in that photo Dave - something to be proud of. Your cars pics from South Bend is on my screen saver at work and gets lots of compliments!

Sure looked sharp in that photo Dave - something to be proud of. Your cars pics from South Bend is on my screen saver at work and gets lots of compliments!

Nice! Thank you for you support. Dandy Dave!