Buick gas can--anyone ever seen one?

Pete Phillips

I've only seen them on eBay and they can go stupid high. I always bid 54.54 but have never won one at that. From the graphics I've always figured they were from the early 60's.

The oil and transmission cans can get stupid prices too. Don't have any of them yet either. Does that possibly mean I'm not so "stupid" after all. I collect Buick Chrome Polish and wax items too, don't generally have to be very stupid to win one of them ever once in awhile.

post-31987-143142420061_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

The history of the bidder at $54.54 shows 6 recent sales on Ebay. With a pocket full of Ebay Bucks cost should be no object. My wife saw some stuff I sold on Ebay and said if she had been cleaning up she would have thrown it away. She said I got my money for nuthing:

Spend it!!!!!!

Bernie

Cool item. thanks for posting!

Its almost worth it to buy and actually use just because it doesn't have the ridiculous safety spout all the cans have nowadays. I treasure my old "unsafe" gas cans.

Buick today couldn't make a gas can with their name on it because if someone was smoking, spilt gas, went boom and burnt their house down they would sue Buick for millions and win.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]237797[/ATTACH]

Like one of these Lamar?

(Not me in the photo)

Well, the bid is now at $55.54, so you lose again!
The history of the bidder at $54.54 shows 6 recent sales on Ebay. With a pocket full of Ebay Bucks cost should be no object. My wife saw some stuff I sold on Ebay and said if she had been cleaning up she would have thrown it away. She said I got my money for nuthing:

Spend it!!!!!!

Bernie

I got one of those gas cans.....way cool.

Peace WildBill

Rub it in, rub it in......