Hello from a new member to the forum

Binger

Hello all. My name is John Binger and I was born into the antique hobby. My dad and grandfather were heavily involved with AACA and I have been to many meets and tours. I don't know why I haven't joined this forum until now. Any way I have a lot of projects in line as just maintaining my collection will always keep me busy. Hoping to learn a few things here and am excited to help and offer some advise as well. I will work on loading a few pictures and adding more things to my profile!

Guest prs519

I should talk, having not gotten around to joining AACA, but you have come to the right place for people with interests in antique cars and related subjects. Great folks, here, and an un-match-able repository of information, graciously given to anyone who asks.. You are now among some eccentrics and geniuses, as well as we ordinaries. Yes, and most of us tend to be dedicated to our own opinions, so it may be wise at times to wear a skin. But, in the end, we all pursue the same goal, which is accurately answering (or asking) questions, or offering fresh material. Have a great New Year, Binger, and the same to all others who use these forums. Although I have not joined AACA yet, I do not feel I have ever been discriminated against in these forums; they are very positive contributions to my life. Perry in Idaho

Welcome John!

I don't know what I would do without the great people on these forums. I will be waiting to see your Buick stuff! On the Buick Club Pre war forum is where I usually "lurk". I have belonged to the Buick Club of America since 1987 as it took me that long to get my 1937 back on the road last year. Now that I have a driver I joined the AACA in 2012.

Larry

Hello and Happy New Year John,

Dan was a long-time friend, and co-founder of our Buzzards' Breath Touring Region. He rode with Dale & me in our '12 Oakland on the 2000 Reliability tour in Frederick, MD, and we visited during several other tours.

Welcome to the FORUM, and please give Judy my best regards and wishes for the new year!

Did you ever see the photo with Ron Barnett, Dan, and John Ricketts sitting on a running board, and Howard Scotland standing - speak no evil, hear no evil, see no evil, and Howard was standing, holding his hands in his lap

Edited by Marty Roth
added name - (my CRS) (see edit history)

Thank you Marty. I knew I was going to run into some of dad's friends here. I will give mom your message. I have my Overland apart right now for some rear end and driveshaft repairs. I will post up some photos as I finish putting it back together.

I will Load up some pictures of my collection so everyone can see. I will be asking about rebuilding a starter generator distributor on my 22 Buick touring. The armature is badly worn down and I believe I will need to replace brushes also. As I get to that I will be posting.

John,

My Starter-Generator for our '14 Buick was rebuilt by Jason at Advanced Electrical Rebuilders in Michigan. Jason does outstanding work, and was recommended to me by another Brass-Era Buick member, and is one heck of a wonderful person to deal with.

http://www.aerrebuild.com/

Jason Smith

Advanced Electrical Rebuilders

16574 S. Bauer Rd

Grand Ledge, MI 48837

www.aerrebuild.com

toll-free: 1-866-228-0218

By the way, I made an addition/correction to my prior post, and identified John Ricketts as the third gentleman on the running board. The photo was taken at Bruce's bar - isn't that the one in Severance, Colorado, where the Buzzards Breath Touring Region developed it's name?

post-54863-14314233395_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143142333952_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Marty,

Yes I have seen that picture. It was one of my dad's favorites. Yes Bruce's is in severance. I still make it down there for rocky mountain oysters every once in a while. He made that picture into a calendar and its hanging in the Annex (My work shop). I was looking at it the other day and was sad to say that everyone in the photo is gone.:(

Dad came up with the name Buzzard's Breath many years ago when my grandfather was on the national board. When Dad was at Hershey with gramps he got recruited my A-Mary Abrams to be in a talent show skit as part of her mouse society thing she did. They dressed up in grey sweat suits and had on mice noses. When the MC asked dad where he was from he quickly off the top of his head said he was from Buzzard's Breath Wyoming. For a long time nobody could figure out who dad was. HA HA! That's the story I always had heard from dad. Years later Dad was putting together his non-geographical region it was his first choice for a name. I am glad to see the region is still going strong and still has the same spirit Dad always put into it.

John

John, I am sure a lot of people are smiling seeing this post and the name "Binger"! Your dad was truly one of the unforgettable "characters" in this hobby. He is missed my many but we are thrilled that you are continuing in his footsteps. Dan was fairly active on this forum for a while as well if my memory serves me right.

John, Welcome aboard. The calendar and the previous picture are featured pieces in the barn (garage). One of the other great decorating pieces is a "The Barn" ceramic piece done by either you or your brother. It's great to see you on here and hope we have a chance to meet one day face to face. I think i'M the only Barnett male to have not met y'all. I hope the members of this forum are as big a help to you as they have been to me. Aren't you a CZ collector? Legend is that y'all endedup with a CZ that had been gathering dust at our place. I think I still have the engine to that if you need it complete a bike. I can't invite you to be a member but if you come to an AACA event - you should look up the Buzzard's Breath Touring region. Their future leadership may be flawed (:)), but what a great group of car nuts. Your dad would continue to be proud! - Sam Barnett

Hello Sam. My brother was the one who made "The Barn" sign. As far as CZs goes your dad got that bike from my dad. It was complete with almost all the parts we had to complete the restoration. If you look around you may be the rest of the bike. I however have sold all of my Jawa/CZ stuff to a gentleman in Canada. If you need I can get you his number. I dropped out of membership a couple of years ago. No reason just never got around to rejoining. I will look up what is happening to the buzzards breath region. Dad founded it and carried the torch for Touring for many years. I am glad to have seen another Friend of the family on here. I will keep everyone on the board up to date on what I am working on.

John Binger