Here is a real stumper: Help identifying alluminum body

Guest AllstonEP

Guest AllstonEP

Here is a challenging one. Can anyone identify this alluminum body? Similar to a 1929 Chrysler, but not. The golf bag door shape helps a lot.

TorrAuction152.jpg

post-97335-143142253644_thumb.jpg

Those are pretty big pieces of wood. Or a very small car.

Using the standard lattice panel hole spacing of 2 5/8"*, I took some measurements off of my computer screen with a caliper and did some calculations. While hardly the most accurate method, it appears that the body is about 26 1/4" tall and 63" long. It almost has to be a child's pedal car or (more likely) a carnival ride car.

*If there are larger holed lattice panels available I'm not aware of them, and the appearance of the wood would be different/thinner.

Edited by Dave@Moon (see edit history)

Guest AllstonEP

Not sure why a childs pedal car would have a golf bag door, but what I can do is put a tire up to it for better perspective. Thanks everyone for your help!

Guest RogerS351

Using a wide angle lens and being close to the subject will change the depth perception. So too will a telephoto lens and being a long way away. Might be why the panels look small in comparison to the background.

It is true that bodies made by Lincoln were Aluminum (for ease of forming). Note the size proportion of the golf bag door against the fender radius (width). The '32 KB Lincoln is larger. This could be 27-30 model L. Also note the squareness (sharp) of the corners of the pictured body.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AllstonEP

I took some measurements off of my computer screen with a caliper and did some calculations. While hardly the most accurate method, it appears that the body is about 26 1/4" tall and 63" long. It almost has to be a child's pedal car or (more likely) a carnival ride car.

Here are more photos and measurements

length=64" . Height=26" to window or back (+3" to very top of upright piece)

Somebody is pretty good with the calipers and math!!!

TorrAuction597.jpg

TorrAuction598.jpg

TorrAuction599.jpg