1953 Buick Skylark Wire Wheels (Set of 5)

Guest d55

For Sale - A set of (5) straight 1953 Buick Skylark Wire Wheels by Kelsey Hayes. 15x6.5. Been in storage for a number of years. Nice driver quality. No center caps. The chrome on the wheels are worn in spots. No serious rust. . .four of the wheels still have the original rubber liner. These are by no means perfect but good for 60 year old wheels. $850 for all five wheels. Prefer local pickup (Ellicott City Md). Can deliver to Fall Carlisle. If shipped, buyer is responsible for shipping costs.

post-72537-143142178162_thumb.jpg

post-72537-143142178112_thumb.jpg

post-72537-143142178127_thumb.jpg

post-72537-143142178139_thumb.jpg

post-72537-143142178151_thumb.jpg

Is a Buick with scallops a mussel car?

Instead of Buick, I prefer my scallops and mussels with shrimp and fettuccini.

Ingredients:

31/2 tbsps butter

11/2 cups breadcrumbs (fresh white)

3 tbsps fresh basil (1 cup chopped)

4 tsps chopped fresh thyme

1 lb mussels (scrubbed debearded)

1 cup water

3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil

1 zucchini (halved lengthwise slice crosswise)

1 summer squash (yellow, halved lengthwise sliced crosswise)

1 red bell pepper (cut into matchstick size strips)

4 garlic cloves (minced)

8 ozs shrimp (uncooked large, peeled deveined)

8 ozs sea scallops

1 lb fettuccine

those buick wire wheels will look good on any 1950 to 1959 buick, that a boy earl.

charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advsior.

Someone local has them on a 66 Riviera, and they look good on it too. Maybe they would look nice on my 63!

Someone local has them on a 66 Riviera, and they look good on it too. Maybe they would look nice on my 63!

A 1964 Sunburst Yellow with the Kelsey/Hayes wire wheels won best of show at the 2010 ROA

International event held in Harrisburg, PA.

Any first generation Riviera with wire wheels looks good; I'm sure that's why a wire wheel cover was an option for those years. If you can find a set, new or used, go for it!

Ed

JUST KIDDIN y'all. The one in the picture is one from a junkyard that happened to be sitting close by and I couldn't resist givin Dan a hard time. The ones I received are BEAUTIFUL. Better than I expected since you really can't tell what you're looking at in pictures of chrome. Got 4 of them today and tracking shows the other one should be here Monday.

THANKS DAN!!!! Can't wait to get some 8.00's and swap them out on Morning Glory. Gonna shine like the morning dew in the sunshine on her.

Welcome to the world of detailing wire wheels!! Now you will find yourself pulling them off twice a year to properly clean front and back. Set one wheel at a time on two saw horses, spray the hell out of it with detailer and run a rag through the spokes form above and below the wheel. And that will get the outer rim. Inner piece is just plain torture on the fingers and hands.

But boy, they look good! Congrats! I'll look forward to seeing them next month...