Dandy Dave's Cross Country ROAD TRIP ADVENTURE :-) !!!!!

Larry Schramm

Well, I have experienced the real Dandy Dave here in the Detroit and to say that it was a lot of fun would be an understatement.

He left my house early this morning post-44099-143141955626_thumb.jpg

and he should be arriving at his house later today after picking up the 1915 car that had been talked about here on the forum in Northern California.

Among the things we did while he was here, was Joyce and I took our '76 Corvette that we have had since we got married 35 years ago to the Greenfield Village Motor Muster car show Motor Muster last weekend post-44099-143141955629_thumb.jpg and took Dave along with us.

I believe that Dave started to have car show overload not to mention all of the machines in The Henry Ford Museum and the assorted collections. He then went to another show on Sunday, the Eyes On Design EyesOn Design without us.

We did some Detroit sight seeing post-44099-143141955632_thumb.jpg and I even let him drive the '15 truck.

He told me he was in truck overload because he had driven two Buick trucks in the same week.

Among the persons that we saw here in Detroit were Barry Wolk, Brian Heil, and Roberta Vasilow and others.

He has a bunch of stories and a lot of pictures that he will talk about when he gets back on the computer, so stay tuned.

For the others that also saw him on this trip, please add some of your pictures and stories.

I just wanted to prepare everyone for the up coming Dandy Dave Road Trip Experience. ;)

post-44099-143141955613_thumb.jpg

post-44099-143141955624_thumb.jpg

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

I would bet those ARENT' billet wheels on Dandy Dave's SUV, you guess.

The back set, or lack of such on the fronts look a bit positive, hehehe.

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Dandy, but would bet that he and my brother would make a rocking party pair, I bet....LOL.

Dale in Indy

We were traveling east on I 80 yesterday afternoon and we came up on this Surburban pulling and old car. Karen was driving so I ask he to pull up beside the driver so I could hollar at him and find out what the car was. The wind noise was loud so we could not really understand what he was saying but between the two of us we made out 1915 Buick! Immediately I knew the rest of the story!! It was Dandy Dave with his "new" 1915 Buick!! Wish that we would have been at a service plaza rather than doing 65 on the interatate!!

Great save!!! Hope the rest of your trip was safe!!

Gary

Edited by g-g-g0
spelling (see edit history)

Guest Rob McDonald
we are glad he is heading back home

Hmm... it that post had come from Michigan, I'd be worried for Dandy Dave. He sounds like a great character, whom I'll have to meet someday. As for G-G-Gary finding him on the freeway, no surprise. These forums infiltrate everywhere, so that there's no such thing as a coincidence.

post-41092-143141957777_thumb.jpg

Dandy Dave stayed 4 nights with us and helped me unload & get one of my Shaw Du-All tractors running.

On his last day with us, he and I visited Al Sherman's "Iron Ranch", where Dave was like a kid in a candy store.

We also did Friday lunch with some of my car buddies, & toured a couple of local car collections.

Oh, and Dandy Dave did drive Derek's depot hack before Derek gets to drive it...

post-41092-143141957743_thumb.jpg

post-41092-143141957805_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)

Hey Gang, I have arrived home in one piece. What an adventure. If any of you ever get the opportunity to do it, go for it. The worst thing I did was excellent. Here's the Tuesday gang back at Flint. I was deffinetly in good company. Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143141958233_thumb.jpg

And another Photo... Having fun driving Larry's 1915 Buick Truck. I helped Larry sort out a lot of small problems and it is running a lot better. He still has several things to do to get it in excellent running condition, but at least he knows what to do now. I was glad to be able to help out and had a wonderful time with everyone. Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143141958241_thumb.jpg